PDA

View Full Version : Adams vrp tire shine problems

slapjack
05-06-2018, 08:17 PM
I used Adams tire shine today and the stuff is awesome. It doesn’t add a lot of gloss but rather makes the tires just really black and just makes them look great. And the stuff doesn’t fling at all. My only problem is that I have a truck with agressive sidewalls so it is hard to apply it since it is a cream type products. I can’t get between all the sidewalk lugs and inside them. Is there another product that is just as good as this but in a spray form or does anyone have suggestions as to how I can apply Adams to my type of tire? Or could I put the Adams in a bottle and add water to make it sprayable or wouldn’t that work? I love the stuff but I just can’t spend as much time as I did today applying this stuff on a regular basis. Very tedious and time consuming

Coopers ST
05-06-2018, 08:34 PM
I put Carpro Perl in a gallon garden pump sprayer. Spray on the tire then use a old dingy towel to spread and even it out.

slapjack
05-06-2018, 09:15 PM
I put Carpro Perl in a gallon garden pump sprayer. Spray on the tire then use a old dingy towel to spread and even it out.

Is this a thick product like Adams or Does it come as a sprayable liquid? How well does it work as far as longevity and gloss and sling off?

VISITOR
05-06-2018, 09:32 PM
Is this a thick product like Adams or Does it come as a sprayable liquid? How well does it work as far as longevity and gloss and sling off?

it's thick but still liquidy. i don't experience sling but that also matters if you apply it correctly. over a few weeks like any other water-based dressing it will start to diminish but IME it's given me results that i personally like over most other (water-based) dressings i have tried/used. you can dilute it (RTU - 5:1) which makes it even more versatile. i use it 1:1 on tires and 3:1 for the wheel wells...

PERL Coat Plastic & Rubber Protectant, vinyl and rubber dressing, interior protectant (https://www.autogeek.net/perl-coat-protectant.html)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VemTxplY1E

custmsprty
05-06-2018, 09:49 PM
I used Perl on my Rogue trim and tores and it streaked and was gone with in a week in the Florida rains. WETS lasted months and did not streak in the rain. I tossed Perl in the garbage.

MattPersman
05-07-2018, 05:50 AM
Big tires like that Stoner more shine works good as does one of the tire foams or megs endurance aerosol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yellosuzku
05-07-2018, 07:14 AM
I use a paint brush on tires no matter what product it is to get full coverage of sidewalls and lettering.

MarkD51
05-07-2018, 07:17 AM
Yeah, I'll agree that any of the no touch tire foams are the easiest to apply. I don't believe Adams stuff is sold here, so might be a taboo product to speak of, but one method with any type of creamy dressing or gel could be applied with a small trim paint brush.

I believe it is Carrand that also sells a brush type applicator, I have a few of these, they are nice.

Many of the Tire Dressings sold here, all the house brands, and others like Optimum are water based, so they can be diluted with water if desired. As others have mentioned, Carpro PERL, but I'll agree, it does look-work fantastic, but is not a very long lasting protectant.

Other options for a longer lasting product would be a tire coating, Tuf Shine, or the like. These too can be "painted on" with a small brush once the tire is cleaned and stripped of other products.

slapjack
05-07-2018, 08:09 AM
Thank you for the replies everyone. I will try a paint brush and I think that will solve my problem for now. Maybe after this stuff is gone I will try one of the above mentioned products that are dilutable/sprayable. Thanks again.