PDA

View Full Version : McKee"s XTreme iron remover

Richs66
05-06-2018, 06:38 PM
Ok, had a post the other day about what looked like small rust spots, so I got my Mckees stuff in the mail the other day............Are you guys spraying this over the entire car or just where you can see the so called rust spots......im only seeing it in the lower sections of the car, fairy new car a 2017.

I'm gonna give this nuclear fallout remover a shot tomorrow...........lets just say the spots don't come out...........whats next. lol

Thanks

Rich

TMQ
05-06-2018, 06:43 PM
All over the car---glass too...

Tom

SWETM
05-07-2018, 11:13 AM
Sometimes a second application is needed. I always do a little test spot after the first application and if it's needed a second application I do a little test spot again and see if it's starts to bleed again or not. I now some use a mf towel to wipe it over in the last of the dwelling time to get them to released. If it's still bleeds after the second application and PW rinsed. I move on to the clay to get it off. And have in mind when the iron particals is released you have unprotected spots where those where imbedded. So a LSP application is needed to protect those spots IMO.

Hope you have a successfull iron removal. Test on a little area first to see how it works. And work in shade or inside and not let it dry on the paint and you will be fine.

acuRAS82
05-07-2018, 02:59 PM
Approximately how much IronX do you all go through for one application a full sedan or small SUV? 8oz? 16oz?

JDGolden
05-07-2018, 06:47 PM
I went through the full bottle on my Silverado.

acuRAS82
05-07-2018, 08:31 PM
I went through the full bottle on my Silverado.

Thanks for the feedback. I went through a full bottle for my sedan, but the sprayer sucked which led to me needing a lot more sprays, and I didn’t want to leave any leftover, stinking up my garage if it wasn’t more than 4 or so ounces. Good to know that a 16oz bottle is a right amount for a good size truck/SUV.