PDA

View Full Version : New Vette top advice

Cruzscarwash
05-05-2018, 05:11 PM
So a customer sent me this pic and said he used an ammonia based glass cleaner on the roof of his Vette and it "cracked it" has anyone heard it experienced this??

I haven't looked at it in person but what options if any do/will I have if any. I'm thinking none if it truly did crack.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180505/71b2428b90916bab47561ed716fdb92f.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

rlmccarty2000
05-05-2018, 05:21 PM
A good question to ask on one of the Vette forums if no one here has experienced this.

Cruzscarwash
05-05-2018, 05:39 PM
A good question to ask on one of the Vette forums if no one here has experienced this.That will be next in the cards, I'm already in way to many car forums for things like this..lol

BudgetPlan1
05-05-2018, 06:59 PM
That will be next in the cards, I'm already in way to many car forums for things like this..lol

Sent from my Pixel using TapatalkHere ya go but they'll probably just tell ya to Zaino it...Grzldvt1 is pretty knowledgeable over there...

Car Care Discussion - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/car-care-discussion-10/)

FUNX650
05-05-2018, 07:17 PM
So a customer sent me this pic and
said he used an ammonia based glass
cleaner on the roof of his Vette and
it "cracked it"

has anyone heard it experienced this??

Yes; it’s quite possible that the targa
top’s “Hardcoat” is crazed.

Not sure if it’s possible that this particular
glass cleaner is the sole culprit, though.

Bob

MarkD51
05-05-2018, 07:22 PM
I'm guessing this is a removable glass top? Hard to recognize if this is some actual sort of fracturing, or whether at some point it was scratched, and a good cleaning revealed it?

In any case, and if this indeed is a brand spanking new car from the dealership, I'd be taking it back and asking for a free replacement.

Never heard of anything like this. A glass cleaner damaging glass.

Cruzscarwash
05-05-2018, 07:29 PM
I'm guessing this is a removable glass top? Hard to recognize if this is some actual sort of fracturing, or whether at some point it was scratched, and a good cleaning revealed it?

In any case, and if this indeed is a brand spanking new car from the dealership, I'd be taking it back and asking for a free replacement.

Never heard of anything like this. A glass cleaner damaging glass.I know he bought it used so there's a good chance it was blended in or covered

FUNX650
05-05-2018, 07:58 PM
I'm guessing this is a removable
glass top?

Never heard of anything like this.
A glass cleaner damaging glass.
It’s not glass.

•It’s Lexan—with a specially spec’d
for GM—“Hardcoat” coating.

Bob