PDA

View Full Version : Longest lasting filler?

eyedrop
05-04-2018, 10:08 PM
Before I got into detailing, I remember trying greasy OTC products with tons of fillers and was always disappointed with longevity. The car would look great for a couple days then the swirls would start showing again. Or the fillers would just wash off in rain or normal washing.

I also used Meguiars #7 glaze in recent years after paint correction, to hide any last details that I missed. The gloss and shine was simply incredible, but would never last.

The products I use nowadays do just the opposite. I use synthetic sealants, plain car soap, distilled water to clean windows, etc.. I dont like using crap like carnuaba spray waxes or carwash/wax all in ones. I rely on the clay bar, DA, and Megs 105/205 for any correction work needed. Then I just seal it up...

The products have gotten so good over the years, and I was wondering if there are finally any miracle fillers out there today? Something that my neighbor across the street can quickly apply to his swirled up Mustang and make it last atleast a couple of washes?

I tried to tell him not to take it to the automatic washes, but he just doesn't care...

DaveT435
05-04-2018, 10:48 PM
There are a lot of compounds that dust a lot less than 105 lol. If you don't need real heavy correction there are some that will finish LSP ready. As for your original question CarPro Essense is supposed to have longer lasting fillers along with some correction. I'm sure he would have a lot better success with a DA.

Eldorado2k
05-04-2018, 11:40 PM
I wouldn’t recommend Carpro Essence because in order to get quality results from it you have to apply it via polisher, and by then you’re probably doing more cutting than filling and it’s not quik & easy.

Carpro Reload on the other hand is quik & easy and does a pretty good job of filling in swirls.

The Guz
05-04-2018, 11:45 PM
There are a lot of compounds that dust a lot less than 105 lol. If you don't need real heavy correction there are some that will finish LSP ready. As for your original question CarPro Essense is supposed to have longer lasting fillers along with some correction. I'm sure he would have a lot better success with a DA.

I’m also thinking the essence twins.

Eldorado2k
05-04-2018, 11:53 PM
Has anyone ever documented the filling longevity of Essence? For example has anyone shown pics of the swirls re appearing after 1yr. of them being filled and Essence finally wearing off?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180505/cc4241e0c20bb1a6d341d49b1ddc6415.jpg

TTQ B4U
05-05-2018, 05:42 AM
I tried to tell him not to take it to the automatic washes, but he just doesn't care...

IMO it won't matter what you put on it then. Tell him just to wash it with dish soap and a crusty sponge, then dry it with an old bath towel. I'm sure he would call that a job well done.

Larry A
05-05-2018, 07:22 PM
Use Poorboy Black hole and follow with a good wax , and your good to go.

AKT
05-07-2018, 08:11 PM
Has anyone tried the blackfire paint cleaner? Description says it has a “glaze” on it...

Ronin47
05-08-2018, 02:06 AM
Essence Plus

Desertnate
05-08-2018, 09:05 AM
IMO it won't matter what you put on it then. Tell him just to wash it with dish soap and a crusty sponge, then dry it with an old bath towel. I'm sure he would call that a job well done.

I tend to agree. I think a swril-o-matic would probably be less destructive than this! If he doesn't care, why waste the time trying to convince him to change his ways. People will care for their property as they please.

JustJesus
05-08-2018, 11:57 AM
Has anyone ever documented the filling longevity of Essence? For example has anyone shown pics of the swirls re appearing after 1yr. of them being filled and Essence finally wearing off?

I did a test spot on my Jeep. Nowhere near a year. Not sure how long exactly, but I remember seeing it once, and thinking, "What happened to the year?" or something like that.

Eldorado2k
05-08-2018, 10:46 PM
I did a test spot on my Jeep. Nowhere near a year. Not sure how long exactly, but I remember seeing it once, and thinking, "What happened to the year?" or something like that.

Thank you.