PDA

View Full Version : CR Spotless

Sicoupe
05-04-2018, 12:11 PM
Hello friends! I was wondering if you all that has this system, is it worth the money and approx. how many washes do you get before having to replace filters?
I have been wanting to purchase this system for a while but would like some feedback first.

Thanks for your time: Kyle

zmcgovern45
05-04-2018, 12:24 PM
CR Spotless has a FAQ page on their site where they show a graph that indicates expected gallons of filtered water based on the TDS levels of your water.

I’d recommend buying an inexpensive TDS meter online and testing your water. I found out that I’d have terrible resin life at my shop due to the very high TDS levels in our water. This meant I would have been replacing resin all the time and therefore I decided against buying one.

LSNAutoDetailing
05-04-2018, 12:58 PM
Hey Kyle, you could always do some searching to see if there is an Industrial Water company near you. With so many semi-conductor companies hear in the valley, they require industrial water for CNC, and production.
We use a company called Puretek Industrial water and they do a tank exchange. Portable Service DI Tank Exchange |
Puretec Industrial Water (https://puretecwater.com/deionized-water/portable-service-di-tank-exchange)

It's so much easier than futzing with meters and at-home systems. When my LED light turns red on top of the unit, I call the guys and they do a tank exchange. I have a 14" Diameter tank (about 5' tall, 14" diameter") which yields about 1000 gallons.

Bruno Soares
05-04-2018, 01:50 PM
I have the larger CR Spotless and my water has a TDS of 225. My resin has been working for about 1 year now. I only have 2 cars and during the winter didn't use it much at all because I had to do rinseless washes. I also only use the DI water to rinse.

OMGClayAiken
05-04-2018, 06:52 PM
I love mine and wouldn't go back to unfiltered water for anything. My water is really pretty good here so i don't have to change resin often. Not having to worry about water spots is just such a game changer in my opinion though. Totally worth the investment if you ask me.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Bobbykart
05-04-2018, 10:24 PM
I have black cars, and hard water, I use mine to rinse

Setec Astronomy
05-08-2018, 06:11 PM
I used to use one, but since I have a water softener, I found it was easier to change my faucet adjacent to the driveway to soft water. I would LSN's recommendation about trying to find out what water treatment options you may have in your area, industrial DI tanks will treat a lot more water and they will exchange them for you.

gspam1
05-08-2018, 11:06 PM
I'm in Sacramento. I've had mine almost two years and my TDS is now at 3. Supposed to replace before it reads 20. I had bought replacement resin a year ago expecting to refill more often. Wish I could find it now :) So I suspect we have pretty good water here.

OMGClayAiken
05-09-2018, 11:17 AM
I'm not familiar with water softeners - do they remove all minerals from the water like the CR Spotless systems and eliminate the need for drying? Or do they simply reduce water spotting? I remember my CR Spotless system came with a warning not to drink the water as all minerals and nutrients were removed by the system; don't water softeners produce drinkable water with some minerals retained? If minerals are left then I would think water spotting would still be somewhat of an issue, just reduced from what the hard water would leave behind.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk