PDA

View Full Version : Hate new website here and Autopia

dennis hiip
05-03-2018, 11:26 PM
Am I the only one who wants the old store website back. Before you could scan the entire product line efficiently. Now one has to schroll endlessly. No fun.

Nix
05-04-2018, 01:35 AM
if you know what you are looking for there is a search bar..

Eldorado2k
05-04-2018, 01:53 AM
Am I the only one who wants the old store website back. Before you could scan the entire product line efficiently. Now one has to schroll endlessly. No fun.

I couldn’t agree more. The old website/format was a pleasure to browse. Now it’s more like a chore.

It’s inevitable that 1 day one of these frequent “updates” is going to ruin Tapatalk.. It’s going to suck when that happens. They always figure out a way to outthink themselves and ruin a good thing.

dlc95
05-04-2018, 03:39 AM
YES!

I really miss the old store...

Casual and intense (sale) browsing was faster, easier, and more thorough.

MarkD51
05-04-2018, 06:28 AM
I'm on Internet Explorer.
About the only minor inconvenience I noted in recent times, is when going from the forum to the store, there is another page first that says something like "You are about to leave autogeek's site, be aware of the risk, bla bla bla" to that effect, and to proceed must additionally click that box to get to the store, then click shop by brand to browse.

Ronin47
05-04-2018, 07:16 AM
Its a chore scanning products now.

Desertnate
05-04-2018, 07:59 AM
I'm on Internet Explorer.
About the only minor inconvenience I noted in recent times, is when going from the forum to the store, there is another page first that says something like "You are about to leave autogeek's site, be aware of the risk, bla bla bla" to that effect, and to proceed must additionally click that box to get to the store, then click shop by brand to browse.

I'm with you...though I use Chrome. I hadn't noticed any issues. I'm never on the forums or the store from a mobile device, so I've not noticed any real changes other than what Mark just mentioned. I'll always shop from my laptop first with my tablet a distant second alternative and my phone for emergency use only.

It sounds like this thread should be clarified to be the mobile device enabled storefront being poorly designed vs the "website" in general.

dennis hiip
05-04-2018, 09:56 AM
Ebay also changed their site, but has a link on the bottom of the page "classic site". Offers the user a choice and I like that.

Eldorado2k
05-04-2018, 10:52 PM
I'm with you...though I use Chrome. I hadn't noticed any issues. I'm never on the forums or the store from a mobile device, so I've not noticed any real changes other than what Mark just mentioned. I'll always shop from my laptop first with my tablet a distant second alternative and my phone for emergency use only.

It sounds like this thread should be clarified to be the mobile device enabled storefront being poorly designed vs the "website" in general.

It works the same whether you’re on mobile or desktop view.. You must not mind the changes, but it was certainly alot more convenient before.

On a related note: On Safari through my phone, I used to be able to go to the AGO website and have my password pre filled and ready for 1 button log in. Now they’ve removed that. Idiots. Geez... Thanks Apple, I feel so much more “secure” now. Not.

WEST SIDE
05-04-2018, 11:05 PM

+1

custmsprty
05-04-2018, 11:19 PM
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: