PDA

View Full Version : Removing Interior Dressing

JGrenwood07
05-03-2018, 04:30 PM
I have a '11 GT-R. I recently noticed the dashboard had some areas where there was some white residue showing up. I had to replace the battery prior, and in doing so the vents for the AC had the recirculation turned off. I didn't realize this until about a week or two later. My guess is that moisture got into the car and caused the issue. I tried using a damp rag with no luck.

After visiting the GT-R forums, I went ahead and purchased some matte 303 aerospace cleaner. While it did get rid of the spots in question, it has left the dash significantly glossier than I would like. I have also noticed that when the car is garaged for a week or two and I get in, the dashboard has an odd look to it. Almost as if the dressing has faded — it looks almost like condensation on the dashboard. If I get a moist microfiber towel and wipe I down it goes back to normal, but I have to do this nearly every time I get in the car.

At this point I am looking to remove the 303 dressing altogether and get the dash back to its' matte factory look. What is the best way to do this without harming the dashboard?

Thanks for any help!

– Jordan