PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Geyon Pure vs Mohs & Syncro

Pages : [1] 2

TTQ B4U
05-03-2018, 07:58 AM
I'm looking to order a Geyon coating to apply to my Infiniti that I'll be re-doing this summer. I REALLY love Syncro on my wife's vehicle and am looking to see if any of you have used Pure or perhaps can compare the two. IMO Skin is what makes Syncro the most hydrophobic coating I've seen to date. It's miles ahead of Cquartz and Gliss which is what my car has on it now.

Again, looking to see what the comparisons of 1 coat of Pure vs Syncro and it's 2 coats of Mohs and one coat of Skin.

Thanks in advance!

Jeff at Gyeon
05-03-2018, 10:25 AM
I'm looking to order a Geyon coating to apply to my Infiniti that I'll be re-doing this summer. I REALLY love Syncro on my wife's vehicle and am looking to see if any of you have used Pure or perhaps can compare the two. IMO Skin is what makes Syncro the most hydrophobic coating I've seen to date. It's miles ahead of Cquartz and Gliss which is what my car has on it now.

Again, looking to see what the comparisons of 1 coat of Pure vs Syncro and it's 2 coats of Mohs and one coat of Skin.

Thanks in advance!

Very glad SYNCRO is performing well for you!

SYNCRO is definitely the top dog coating in the GYEON line up. What you are getting out of SYNCRO that you aren't out of the others in the GYEON line is the SKIN top coat. SKIN is a true additional layer that is giving you an extremely slick surface that reduces friction during washing and lets water and contaminant just absolutely dump off of the surface. It is a 2 part system the involves 3 total layers of coatings.

PURE in comparison is designed to be applied in a single layer. It is an 80% by volume concentration of SiO2 which gives a very intense gloss, very nice water behavior, and performs exceptionally well against water spotting.

So you have some pretty big differences between the 2. The 2 coatings have very different chemical make ups and the installation is quite different between the two.

I would go with the old "if it isn't broke don't fix it". If you have SYNCRO on a current vehicle and love it I would stick with that.

TTQ B4U
05-03-2018, 10:46 AM
Very glad SYNCRO is performing well for you!

SYNCRO is definitely the top dog coating in the GYEON line up. What you are getting out of SYNCRO that you aren't out of the others in the GYEON line is the SKIN top coat. SKIN is a true additional layer that is giving you an extremely slick surface that reduces friction during washing and lets water and contaminant just absolutely dump off of the surface. It is a 2 part system the involves 3 total layers of coatings.

PURE in comparison is designed to be applied in a single layer. It is an 80% by volume concentration of SiO2 which gives a very intense gloss, very nice water behavior, and performs exceptionally well against water spotting.

So you have some pretty big differences between the 2. The 2 coatings have very different chemical make ups and the installation is quite different between the two.

I would go with the old "if it isn't broke don't fix it". If you have SYNCRO on a current vehicle and love it I would stick with that.Any chance skin will begin to offered on it's own?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk

Hammer77
05-03-2018, 10:56 AM
LOL, I just posted about this.

Jeff at Gyeon
05-03-2018, 12:10 PM
Any chance skin will begin to offered on it's own?

I have not heard anything come down about SKIN being available as a stand alone product.

jmag999
05-03-2018, 12:19 PM
Has there been a $20 price increase for Syncro? Looks like all the retailers bumped their price up.

Jeff at Gyeon
05-03-2018, 12:48 PM
Has there been a $20 price increase for Syncro? Looks like all the retailers bumped their price up.

There has been a 5%-9% increase across the entire line. First one that has been implemented in 2.5 years.

TTQ B4U
05-03-2018, 03:27 PM
Has there been a $20 price increase for Syncro? Looks like all the retailers bumped their price up.They just bumped it up too. I just ordered some and now the sale price is basically the regular price. Hmmmm.

jmag999
05-03-2018, 03:29 PM
Yes, looks like it happened this week sometime. More like 12-13% on Syncro...

TTQ B4U
05-03-2018, 06:43 PM
Yes, looks like it happened this week sometime. More like 12-13% on Syncro...Well it cause me to update my prices and today my latest booking is staying with another brand as the price delta was around $40

BadgerRivFan
05-03-2018, 07:46 PM
I will vote my displeasure with the excessive price increase by no longer buying Gyeon products...

So many other good options out there.

Jeff at Gyeon
05-04-2018, 08:27 AM
I will vote my displeasure with the excessive price increase by no longer buying Gyeon products...

So many other good options out there.

I can understand that. I would also hope people appreciate the time and effort we put in to delivering a quality product with a ton of support and education around it. The prices for GYEON have not moved in 2.5 years. Unfortunately every other cost of business has, which is completely normal. Much of which we absorb and a little we have to do disperse in a price increase. We held off on the increase as long as possible.

BadgerRivFan
05-04-2018, 10:18 AM
I certainly appreciate YOU Jeff, and your contribution to educating us enthusiasts.

Syncro has only been out a few months, and my suspicion is Gyeon jacked up the price because they COULD.

Lose all the fancy packaging and you could keep your prices reasonable.

jmag999
05-04-2018, 10:26 AM
I certainly appreciate YOU Jeff, and your contribution to educating us enthusiasts.

Syncro has only been out a few months, and my suspicion is Gyeon jacked up the price because they COULD.

I had the same thoughts when I saw the increase. I even appreciate the fancy packaging, but it was already considerably higher-priced than most other respected coatings. Since the product has only been out a few months, the pricing had to have been reviewed prior to launch. I was going to pay the premium to try it, but this kind of price adjustment made me decide on something else as well.

Jeff at Gyeon
05-04-2018, 11:27 AM

Thank you very much sir, as I really hope the bit of info I can offer is of value and ensures a good experience with GYEON and other products.

We do hear the packaging reference quite a bit, and I can honestly say in the volume that it is produced globally it is minuscule in terms of the overall cost discussion. We as the USA market are the babies with GYEON. The global market is well, well, well ahead of us in terms of volume and time in the market and GYEON uses those efficiencies in production well. The packaging does not play in to the price increase. It costs pennies.

I can also say I was directly involved in the price increase decision. The price decision also did not come down from GYEON HQ, it was dealt with here as the USA Distributors. It was not at all an attempt to take advantage of the consumer as the popularity of the products grows. I am more than humbled with the growth we have seen in the brand. We took it from something three years ago that not only people knew nothing about, but that people questioned. And now we have an awesome group of enthusiast who appreciate the quality, performance, and ease of use built in to the products. There is also a real cost to that growth in terms of shipping, warehousing, management, and support to the Reseller Team. Our cost on the products themselves from the GYEON factory have risen every single year as their own costs have. We have waited 2.5 years for any increase, but it was necessary to maintain the health of the business and continue to offer as much value as we can. There is no "good" time to do it, and I expected some backlash, but I very much do not want anyone to feel like it was a cash grab. Shoot the rent on my shop goes up 3% every single year and it's in the lease. All the costs of business rise every year and as a business owner I am always reluctant to raise price with the fear of this exact conversation. But it is an inevitability in every business. The cost of the inputs to run the business increase and eventually the cost of the goods themselves have to pick some of that up or the business can't grow and add value. All you can do is add enough value to where the price discussion is irrelevant, and that is my goal.

Are there other products out there that work well? Absolutely. But we do see GYEON as a premium brand. We are more expensive than some and less expensive than others. For what you receive in the SYNCRO kit we think the $179.99 price point is accurate. Not that this is considered fact, but there are comments on this section that it out performs comparable products from other brands. It is cheaper and a more substantial product system than buying the Mohs 50ml and Booster combo that is awesome.

Being completely transparent, we also have a global responsibility to GYEON quartz to not be the cheapest products on the Global market as that presents a whole new set of issues. We have a very "discount heavy" culture here, and I don't have a position on whether that is good or bad. But I do have a position on what we have to do as one of 71 individual country distributors of a strong global brand. GYEON goes on sale over seas RARELY and if it is, it's at 10% or 15%. We constantly buy, and wait to buy, at 25% off MSRP here in the States. So yes MSRP is up a bit but how many are actually ever buying at MSRP? The actual price that most of the purchases are made is much lower than MSRP.

Thank you very much for opening this up as it's a great way/place to have the conversation. Totally open to answering questions. I'd hate to loose the trust we've built based on the products performance and presentation over the last few years over a price increase that is unavoidable.

Thanks Guys!!