PDA

View Full Version : Question about applying Klasse SG

rsnider
05-03-2018, 04:55 AM
The application instructions for Klasse SG says "If Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze streaks, you’ve used too much product." What exactly do they mean by "streaks"? Is it talking about streaks as you're applying it, after it has dried, or after you have buffed it off?

Also, do I need to occasionally dampen the applicator pad as I'm working, or only once before starting?

Desertnate
05-03-2018, 07:38 AM
I haven't used Klasse SG for quite a while, but I remember if I could easily see the application on the surface before buffing it out, I'd used way too much product. The product being hard to remove is what I remember from over application, not streaking.

I always kept the pad damp through the entire process.

Route246
05-03-2018, 01:30 PM
It is inherently difficult to apply thin because you almost have to apply nothing to make it thin enough to meet that spec. That said, even if you apply it thin you will may have the challenges I always had with it, that is, it is difficult to remove. Keep the pad damp as Desertnate says, first and foremost. Good luck with this. You will certainly need it, along with very good, disciplined technique.

WEST SIDE
05-03-2018, 10:45 PM
I use KSG with a small spritz sprayer, one or two shots on first panel then one each panel after. I find by letting it dry longer it's easier to remove.
If you're not sure how much is on the pad swipe it across your glass and you'll know.

rsnider
05-04-2018, 03:08 AM
The directions say to let SG cure for 8-12 hours between coats. If I apply SG and let it sit for 8 hours before buffing, do I then need to wait 8-12 hours AFTER buffing before applying another coat? Or does SG just need to cure for 8-12 hours after it was applied?

WEST SIDE
05-04-2018, 01:16 PM
Apply, let dry, by the time you finished last panel, first panel should be dry. Buff and cure for 12 hours before second coat.

rsnider
05-04-2018, 03:44 PM
Apply, let dry, by the time you finished last panel, first panel should be dry. Buff and cure for 12 hours before second coat.

Right, but it had been curing for 8 hours before I even started buffing so do I still need to wait an additional 12 hours after buffing? There's nothing magical about buffing that jump-starts the curing process so shouldn't it only need to cure for 12 hours from the time it was applied, not necessarily from the time it was buffed?

WEST SIDE
05-04-2018, 11:14 PM
I have to agree. I just have never waited that long to remove product.

Setec Astronomy
05-08-2018, 06:08 PM
You really want to apply it whisper-thin so you can't even see it on the surface, if that makes any sense.