PDA

View Full Version : Mini review Collinite 325 AIO

davidc
05-02-2018, 01:13 PM
We had a brief dropping of H2O last night ( about 20 drops) which required the typical regiment of exterior plastic staining on the Toyota. Nothing ever removes these marks other than a AIO or polish. Multiple attempts at this phenomenon have been attempted including DLux that have all failed so I finally gave up trying to prevent and moved on to cleanup. The products used for the rehab have been Collinite 870, DG 501. The 501 worked well and 870 would leave a haze that would disappear with a coat of 845,476 etc. I picked up Some new Collinite 325 and figured this would be a good test. I used a yellow foam applicator for applying and just a standard cotton terry cloth for removal. I have not seen a post on anyone using 325 yet so I thought I would throw this one in. Collinite 325 gets my seal of approval as application, removal and final results are outstanding.

Dead Oxidized Plastic

Final

Dave

Ronin47
05-02-2018, 01:31 PM
Been using it a couple of months now its a really nice AIO, cleans,shines,protects.

Route246
05-02-2018, 01:47 PM
I tried this and surprisingly, I was disappointed with the protection. I reverted back to 360 + 476 + weekly spray wax.

LSNAutoDetailing
05-02-2018, 01:58 PM
Multiple attempts at this phenomenon have been attempted including DLux that have all failed

I have DLUX on all my vehicles and a quick rinse and blow dry leaves nothing but original sheen without issues.
We use DLUX on customer vehicles, it's an extremely hydrophobic nano-coating that works.

With that said, there are pre-steps such as ensuring the surface is absolutely clean and DLUX can bond to it. Which is where I see issue can arise.
I'm Not disputing your claims, but can you expound on what failures you are experiencing?

Yes, that rain was fairly useless... Not enough to put a dent in the drought (or fire up in Tinder) but enough to mess the cars up. But I am enjoying the cool weather in preparation for next week's triple digits!!! UGHH

Ronin47
05-02-2018, 02:09 PM
I tried this and surprisingly, I was disappointed with the protection. I reverted back to 360 + 476 + weekly spray wax.

Apples to oranges comparison

This isn’t an abrasive polish like 360 nor is it meant to protect like 476, its a cleaner wax like the name says.

Might as well compare 845 to HD Speed.

davidc
05-02-2018, 02:14 PM

Yeah I would not expect long term protection from 325 and I would top it with 845,885 or 476 for that. Kind of like you are apparently doing with 360 and 476.

Dave

davidc
05-02-2018, 02:26 PM
I have DLUX on all my vehicles and a quick rinse and blow dry leaves nothing but original sheen without issues.
We use DLUX on customer vehicles, it's an extremely hydrophobic nano-coating that works.

With that said, there are pre-steps such as ensuring the surface is absolutely clean and DLUX can bond to it. Which is where I see issue can arise.
I'm Not disputing your claims, but can you expound on what failures you are experiencing?

Yes, that rain was fairly useless... Not enough to put a dent in the drought (or fire up in Tinder) but enough to mess the cars up. But I am enjoying the cool weather in preparation for next week's triple digits!!! UGHH

The DLux was definately there as I had to compound it off to get to the oxidation underneath. It definately was a job removing. The specific problems are the pillars and mirrors. When it rains or they get any water on them they spot and it does not matter if they are coated, waxed or sealant. The Dodge on the other hand has no problems with the plastic, just the toyota. It as tho the plastic actually oxidizes under what is covering it. The Toyota is a 2005 and I fought this problem for many years with different products with the same results. I also tried supposed water spot removers that also failed but a good cleaner wax or polish will bring them back to life.

Dave

LSNAutoDetailing
05-02-2018, 02:34 PM
The DLux was definately there as I had to compound it off to get to the oxidation underneath. It definately was a job removing. The specific problems are the pillars and mirrors. When it rains or they get any water on them they spot and it does not matter if they are coated, waxed or sealant. The Dodge on the other hand has no problems with the plastic, just the toyota. It as tho the plastic actually oxidizes under what is covering it. The Toyota is a 2005 and I fought this problem for many years with different products with the same results. I also tried supposed water spot removers that also failed but a good cleaner wax or polish will bring them back to life.

Dave

Interesting. I have used CarPro Spotless and it works fantastic. I have not had luck with others...