PDA

View Full Version : Cquartz uk 3.9 and reload

Sushi5679
05-01-2018, 09:46 PM
I meant to say cquartz 3.0 not 3.9 in the title

Should reload be applied within the first hour after cquartz uk3.0 application or later? Also, should i dilute reload 1:1 for a black car so it doesn't streak?

Breese147
05-02-2018, 02:11 AM
This is straight from carpros website regarding UK 3.0 and Reload application time.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

machz
05-02-2018, 06:18 AM
I just coated my black S5 this weekend with 3.0 and used reload undiluted a 1/2 hour later with no streaking. This was my first time using a ceramic coating and it was easier than I thought it would be and didn't get a single high spot.

Sushi5679
05-02-2018, 06:24 AM
Nice...hopefully I’ll have a similar experience. How long did you it leave on before buffing it off? Did you use Microfiber towels or microsuede towels?

machz
05-02-2018, 06:36 AM
I buffed it off almost as soon as I was done wiping on. I would say less than 30 seconds, the temp was mid 60's. I did the cross hatch and you can feel it getting grabby/sticky as you wipe. I then used microsuede to easily wipe it off. Make sure that you have really good lighting to see any missed spots.

h8dirtycars
05-02-2018, 07:57 AM
I just coated my black S5 this weekend with 3.0 and used reload undiluted a 1/2 hour later with no streaking. This was my first time using a ceramic coating and it was easier than I thought it would be and didn't get a single high spot.

I've been reading and studying a lot about CQUK 3.0 before I apply to a new white Tiguan. I've been reading about "high spots". It sounds pretty self explanatory, but my question is is that when to much product is applied to a spot and how do you avoid it. Additionally, will you know you have a high spot while applying, or do you have to wait until it flashes? And how do you correct if it happens? Thanks.

BadRims
05-02-2018, 07:59 AM
Make sure that you have really good lighting to see any missed spots.

I second this. For some reason I find it leaving more spots to remove than the previous version. Perhaps I’m using it wrong.

machz
05-02-2018, 11:01 AM
I used a single stripe down the applicator then wiped in a cross hatch pattern twice in each direction. I then was able to wipe it off without any problem for 90% of the time. i did see a couple of high spots but I think it has more to do with the removal than it does the application. It looked more like I missed a spot wiping and I was able to go back and wipe it off without drama. I even saw one that I had missed and it sat on the paint for 30 + min before I noticed it and I was able to just wipe it off. I'm sure temp and humidity play a large part in time you have to work with it. Like I said use good lighting and take your time and triple check for missed/high spots from every angle possible. and you should be fine.

I have to say the beading is a little different than I am used to after a wash. It looks like the beads are smaller (maybe my imagination) and I did my normal drive up the road and back and the car was almost completely dry.