PDA

View Full Version : Best Brand Top to Bottom

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

bodavenport
05-01-2018, 12:36 PM
I know I am opening a can of worms here but wondering how many people are like minded and stay with one brand mostly. I have different polishes, waxes and sealents that I use in different situations but I typically stay inside a brand, opti-seal sealent and optimum detail spray on that car, so what do you think is the top brand here on autogeek top to bottom? If you could only use products from a single brand who would it be?

TTQ B4U
05-01-2018, 12:40 PM
I would lean towards McKee's 37 or CarPro Products. I do like Geyon as well. Not necessarily a single answer but there you have it.

Desertnate
05-01-2018, 12:46 PM
I could probably limit myself to a couple brands, but not one single line.

Various brands have their strengths and weaknesses. I would much rather "cherry pick" the best products from multiple brands than be tied down to one brand. Also, various brands update products and progress at different rates. No reason to be stuck with one brands products if another brand has advanced and actually surpassed the one you might currently call, "your brand".

Dan Tran
05-01-2018, 12:56 PM
I have been slowly transitioning from all Meguiar’s to Optimum Car Care products and plan on continuing.

Optimum car care has been satisfactory for me as a professional Detailer.

Although, I wouldn’t mind checking into Carpros full line either.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

acuRAS82
05-01-2018, 12:59 PM
If I had to pick one to choose across the board, I would pick McKee’s. It may not have my absolute favorite of any one thing but it’s got tons of top 10s/5s/3s... and they have it all.

asianisafish
05-01-2018, 01:24 PM
Meguairs. Has a professional and consumer line. Aswell as body shop products. Highly diluteable no bs marketing, sell it how it is products

machz
05-01-2018, 01:29 PM
I have been a fan of car-pro in recent months but for one brand I think I would go wit my fallback Meguairs. I have used their stuff for over 30 years and have always been happy the majority of their products.

Route246
05-01-2018, 01:39 PM
If I had to pick one to choose across the board, I would pick McKee’s. It may not have my absolute favorite of any one thing but it’s got tons of top 10s/5s/3s... and they have it all.

+1 Agree. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Especially like the specialty products like trim restorer, water spot remover and glass coating.

I like Megs for the Detailer Line gallon values (glass cleaner, APC, degreaser, etc.)

FUNX650
05-01-2018, 02:39 PM
@OP:

•Your request has me second guessing
whether, or not, to list just one car-care
Brand—almost feels like I’m being backed
into a corner: what happens if one (or more)
product(s) within that particular Brand doesn’t
quite live up to your expectations?

-The erosion of trustworthiness would be a
genuine risk, wouldn’t you agree?
-If that would be true: can conflict resolution
not be too far behind?

Bob

bodavenport
05-01-2018, 02:50 PM
@OP:

•Your request has me second guessing
whether, or not, to list just one car-care
Brand—almost feels like I’m being backed
into a corner: what happens if one (or more)
product(s) within that particular Brand doesn’t
quite live up to your expectations?

-The erosion of trustworthiness would be a
genuine risk, wouldn’t you agree?
-If that would be true: can conflict resolution
not be too far behind?

Bob
I

I look at it from the perspective that the products from a single line should work together well, me smearing or dulling of the finish. I have used other lines in the past and fell out of favour with a product and moved to another LSP for example and slowly migrated to the new lsp products. I used to use a couple of lines not offered here and have tried others and found better through trial and error. I too am a big fan of optimum and use some megs stuff too. Also a fan of surf city but when picking just one probably optimum.

BJackson8
05-01-2018, 03:11 PM
There are several product lines that I could use and never want for anything else.

McKees (mostly what I use now)
Sonax
Meguiars
Poorboys World (very underrated products)
Duragloss (Lack a compound and polish, but everything else is outstanding)

Route246
05-01-2018, 03:25 PM
There are several product lines that I could use and never want for anything else.

McKees (mostly what I use now)
Sonax
Meguiars
Poorboys World (very underrated products)
Duragloss (Lack a compound and polish, but everything else is outstanding)

I have not found a Meguiars wax/sealant that can match 476s/845 or Fuzion paste wax or WDGPS. I really like them for basic stuff but all of the Meguiars wax/sealant products seem inferior to me.

acuRAS82
05-01-2018, 03:31 PM
I agree. I do like Meg’s polishes but I would take a PBMG polish ahead of them. I compare High Def paint sealant favorably to WG DGPS and Trademark not quite as nice as Fuzion, but close. Further reasons for McKee’s being my top choice from top to bottom over legitimate contenders such as Meguiars (my opinion only!).

dlc95
05-01-2018, 03:31 PM
Meguiar's or Optimum.

mwoywod
05-01-2018, 04:46 PM
I honestly LOVE a fewproducts from every company.

3D (Polish+ & HD Speed)
Wolfgang (WGDGPS, WETS, Uber)
Optimum (Power Clean, Optimum Metal Polish)
Mckee's 37 (Hi-Intensity APC+, Fast Interior Detailer)
Griot's (Fast Correcting Cream, Perfecting Cream)
Meguiars (M101, M100)

Best is so subjective. If I HAD to say, I'd say the best brand from top to bottom for value is probably 3D. The best top to bottom performance is probably Wolfgang....BUT Wolfgang has probably the worst value and performance AIO/cleaner wax on the market which is HUGE for my business. Overall, it's probably too difficult to say one brand is truly "best from top to bottom"