PDA

View Full Version : What do you look for in a wax (or LSP)?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Meghan
02-05-2008, 09:05 AM
I am always curious, I hear all different responses when people refer to a wax (if you use sealants let us know about your preference). Some like wet look, some like the plastic look, some just want a great reflection. We hear people talk about durability, but do we every really let our cars go longer than a month without a coat of wax??
Some like to see the water bead up on the hood, some say beading means nothing. I am just curious on what you think...
I personally like to see the paint look like a pool of water, reflecting nice and crisp. When it rains I want to see the water bead up on the car... And I really could care less about durability as long as it last a good month or two. One thing to remember is we are all different so there is no wrong answer just your opinion.

You can pick as many as apply to you on the poll.
If you have others choices you want me to add, let me know and I will.

supercharged
02-05-2008, 09:15 AM
Voted for ease of application. Why? I've noticed that products that are super easy to apply/remove (notice I didn't say easy, but super easy) will always give you wet look, bright and crisp reflections. Pinnacle waxes for instance, and DP max wax. Sure they are not the longest lasting protection (compared to Collinite), but unless it's a harsh winter (snow), I don't really need it to last that long.:cheers:

Larry A
02-05-2008, 10:35 AM
I voted the Wet Look. I like shiny cars. The look is the first thing you see.

budman3
02-05-2008, 10:41 AM
All of the above plus slickness!

Mike T
02-05-2008, 11:01 AM
All of the above plus slickness!:whs:
I won't except any less out of my LSP :)

AL417
02-05-2008, 11:25 AM
Easy, slick, wet look, crisp reflections, beading.
I want it all!
Durability is nice to have during nasty winters but not very high on my list at all.

Brian_Brice
02-05-2008, 11:33 AM
part of me wants great taste, and another part wants less filling.

CalgaryDetail
02-05-2008, 11:33 AM
I look for looks. I dont know what look that is, but each wax has its own look. If i dont like the look I wont use it.
Durabilty is an after thought, if a wax lasts me 2 weeks I dont use it, but if I can ge 4 weeks out of it then its worth it to me

dengood1
02-05-2008, 12:02 PM
Wet, beads, easy, and slick! And no, I'm not talking about Mardi Gras:)

Jimmie
02-05-2008, 12:06 PM
Hard to describe. I voted for the wet look. The look I like is where all of the panels and curves seem to run together in an overall glow. You see it more with a glance than a stare.

mixxer
02-05-2008, 05:12 PM
Wet Look ,Great Reflections/ Crisp Look ,Easy of Application/Removal is what i want form my cars. For my customers beading ,protection and durability.

cbard
02-05-2008, 05:31 PM
wet look and Slick feel:buffing:

ricka
02-05-2008, 05:42 PM
I don't mind waxing so ease of applying and removing is key. Durability not so much since I like to wax fairly often. Appearance-wise its a wet look but not overly shiny. Reflections are a bi-product of wet appearance.

When my car looks its best, the paint has the appearance of a calm, glassy pond. All the panels seem to melt into the other. Like it is covered in metallic silver mercury.

ASPHALT ROCKET
02-05-2008, 06:14 PM
Wet look, depth, clarity, and reflection.

Gary Sword
02-05-2008, 07:56 PM
On my everyday drivers durability and protection is at the top of my important attributes list. On my toys looks is the most important thing to me.