PDA

View Full Version : Waxing a fire truck

Dmtammaro
05-01-2018, 12:10 PM
This should be a fun one. Need to get the engine nice and shinny. I知 going to clay bar it first then wax it. The only thing I知 worried about is the striping and paint that on top of the clear coat. Any ideas on how to handle that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dmtammaro
05-21-2018, 02:25 PM
This should be a fun one. Need to get the engine nice and shinny. I知 going to clay bar it first then wax it. The only thing I知 worried about is the striping and paint that on top of the clear coat. Any ideas on how to handle that?

Bump

DBAILEY
05-21-2018, 02:34 PM
If you are only going to clay bar then wax then you shouldn't need to do anything special with the pin stripping or painted decals. The claybar should not damage it. Try using a WOWA sealant to make your life easier

Mike Phillips
05-21-2018, 04:39 PM
The only thing I’m worried about is the striping and paint that on top of the clear coat. Any ideas on how to handle that?

For any stripes or graphics on top of the clear you'll simply have to work careful.

It is possible to lightly machine polish painted stripes on top of clearcoat, I've done it a lot but you have to be careful because usually this type of paint, (the stripes or striping), is soft while the clearcoat is hard, so if you get too aggressive you'll buff off all the stripes.

Is this a job you're doing for money or passion?

Pictures?

:)