PDA

View Full Version : How long does Opti-Seal last?

Bob Harris
04-30-2018, 09:22 PM
I know this question has been asked before, but wow do answers change from post to post. According to Optimum themselves, when used as a drying-aid on a washed and clayed vehicle, Opti-Seal should last about 4 months when properly maintained. They also say Opti-Seal can last 6 months if applied on dry instead as a drying-aid under the same circumstances.

However, most posts I've seen peg it at 1-2 months of durability. So I want to hear it from the people that use it frequently, what kind of durability are you getting out of Opti-Seal? Assuming the vehicle has been ONR-Washed, clayed, and dried. 1 layer of Opti-Seal. Maintained like a detailer's client would maintain it.

The Guz
04-30-2018, 10:01 PM
About 3 months in my experience using it stand alone. As a drying aid it’s protection is slightly affected.

dlc95
04-30-2018, 10:05 PM
I came across this earlier today:

Opti Seal Durability (https://www.autopia.org/forums/detailing-product-reviews/42585-opti-seal-durability.html)

Setec Astronomy
05-08-2018, 05:30 PM
I know this question has been asked before, but wow do answers change from post to post. According to Optimum themselves, when used as a drying-aid on a washed and clayed vehicle, Opti-Seal should last about 4 months when properly maintained. They also say Opti-Seal can last 6 months if applied on dry instead as a drying-aid under the same circumstances.

However, most posts I've seen peg it at 1-2 months of durability. So I want to hear it from the people that use it frequently, what kind of durability are you getting out of Opti-Seal? Assuming the vehicle has been ONR-Washed, clayed, and dried. 1 layer of Opti-Seal. Maintained like a detailer's client would maintain it.

A lot of the answer has to do with individual conditions, including how it's washed, etc. That's where the varied answers come from. I'd say a couple of months (although I've only used the original version, not the "improved" version). The other argument is a WOWA sealant like Opti-Seal is so easy to apply, who cares if it doesn't last quite as long as a traditional sealant?