PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a High Gloss Tire Shine that doesn't sling.

Pages : [1] 2

Rez90
04-30-2018, 02:36 PM
I have Opti-Bond but i'd like something with more shine. I tried a store bought Armor All High Shine but it literally dries off the tire in 10 minutes.

I know most people like a flat or subtle tire shine....and i have that covered. But here and there i like something louder on the tires.

Thanks in advance.

Favorite applicators are always welcomed as well.

Rsurfer
04-30-2018, 02:46 PM
I have Opti-Bond but i'd like something with more shine. I tried a store bought Armor All High Shine but it literally dries off the tire in 10 minutes.

I know most people like a flat or subtle tire shine....and i have that covered. But here and there i like something louder on the tires.

Thanks in advance.

Favorite applicators are always welcomed as well.

Carbrite Hypershine, super durable and glossy.

Rez90
04-30-2018, 02:50 PM
Carbrite Hypershine, super durable and glossy.

Thanks very much. Do you have a link to the product? i don't see it on Autogeek or Amazon.

Many thanks.

SWETM
04-30-2018, 04:26 PM
I have heard great things about Meguiars Endurance High Gloss Tire Gel. If I whereto use a high gloss tire dressing this would be ny choice.

Meguiars Endurance High Gloss Tire Gel is a high gloss version of Meguiars Endurance Tire Protectant Gel. (https://www.autogeek.net/golclasenhig.html)

asianisafish
04-30-2018, 04:29 PM
I find aerosol tire shines to work really good. Nxt tire shine is good. I'm still looking for more though. Interested in this tire shine that's behind the counter at oreileys I've heard about called cover all.
Looking for a super shiny wet tire shine, even if it only last a week I'm still okay with it.

crrdvr6
04-30-2018, 04:35 PM
I find aerosol tire shines to work really good. Nxt tire shine is good. I'm still looking for more though. Interested in this tire shine that's behind the counter at oreileys I've heard about called cover all.
Looking for a super shiny wet tire shine, even if it only last a week I'm still okay with it.

Try Griot's black shine aerosol.

Chopper280
04-30-2018, 06:30 PM
I put on 1 heavy coat of Opti-bond with a spray gun and when it dries it has more gloss than anything I've ever used.
I have to tone it down with a dry foam applicator.
I've tried a lighter coat but but it takes a lot of smoothing out to get coverage on off road tires.

VISITOR
04-30-2018, 07:18 PM
i typically use water-based dressing on the tires, but if i want more shine/gloss then this fits the bill. there's also a gel version as well...

Griot's Garage Black Shine High Gloss Tire Spray (https://www.autogeek.net/griots-high-gloss-tire-spray.html)
https://sep.yimg.com/ay/autogeek/griot-s-garage-black-shine-high-gloss-tire-spray-14.gif

A-train
04-30-2018, 07:42 PM
Sonax Tire shine is very glossy and durable.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

MattPersman
05-01-2018, 12:09 PM
Do the Griot’s or Sonax last at all through rain ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rsurfer
05-01-2018, 01:50 PM

No water based dressing will last as long as a solvent based dressing.

Coleroad
05-01-2018, 02:18 PM
I won't use anything other than an acrylic tire coating. They dry completely, don't let dirt stick to them. They are glossy if you apply a couple of coats. Driving in the rain has no effect on them. Uv rays will break it down over time. I get two to three very solid months with cars parked outside 24/7. Over a year on weekend cars kept in the garage. If you want to know the brand private message me due to forum rules.

VISITOR
05-01-2018, 03:26 PM

most (water based) tire dressings are going to wash off in the rain at some point, so when you re-wash the car you can re-apply. if you want something that's going to last longer (and is more durable), look into a tire coating...

SanchezJL
11-12-2018, 07:00 PM
I won't use anything other than an acrylic tire coating. They dry completely, don't let dirt stick to them. They are glossy if you apply a couple of coats. Driving in the rain has no effect on them. Uv rays will break it down over time. I get two to three very solid months with cars parked outside 24/7. Over a year on weekend cars kept in the garage. If you want to know the brand private message me due to forum rules.Pm pls

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Firehouse Mike
11-12-2018, 07:20 PM
Yes...Griot's Black Shine for the win!!https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/35972436_1440423946058704_478554919796736000_n.jpg ?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&oh=c63243cc13d282e74c8c8fcdfc154374&oe=5C7AFAEA