PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Beasley's Nano-Resin Pro Kit

Pages : [1] 2

Jaretr1
04-30-2018, 02:20 PM
Dr. Beasley's Nano-Resin Pro Kit (https://www.autogeek.net/db-nano-resin-pro-kit.html)

Im just gonna leave this right here.

BadgerRivFan
04-30-2018, 09:03 PM
I believe Mrs. Beasley comes over and installs this coating for you [emoji6]

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180501/8723b380b30c4e9f1f1382ef880e45f2.jpg

FUNX650
04-30-2018, 10:20 PM
Kit without a pipette:

https://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/ECAD19E5-FF32-44C7-8CBB-03CF0E6CB82B.jpeg

Bob

wing commander
05-01-2018, 03:03 AM
I think that is a pricing error. Jescar 8oz. medium polish is priced wrong also.

BudgetPlan1
05-01-2018, 03:08 AM
I believe Mrs. Beasley comes over and installs this coating for you [emoji6]

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180501/8723b380b30c4e9f1f1382ef880e45f2.jpgFor $500, Mrs. Beasley better be ready to clean my gutters, pressure wash my house, spread some mulch and cook me some pretty tasty and nutritious meals when she's done coating my car.

fightnews
05-01-2018, 05:14 AM
It's supposed to last 9 years

MattPersman
05-01-2018, 05:21 AM
My paint will last 9 years too but still be scratched and marred and chipped will need some sort of polish after 6-12 months. A 9 year coating is irrelevant on a car IMO

So unless the company have been testing this coating for 20-30 years on multiple vehicles (which they haven’t been and no one else has either) to prove or show it’s a 9 year coating over and over after revisions and scenarios then it’s just another quality marketing scheme by a detailing product company.

Now a 9 year coating on your homes exterior paint or patio furniture or something like that that doesn’t really move and get peppered with road salt and sand and gravel and A holes in parking lots would be cool but a quantity that small isn’t gonna get you far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fly07sti
05-01-2018, 10:16 AM
It’s only 9 years if installed by “certified” installers per rep at Detail Fest.

TTQ B4U
05-01-2018, 10:43 AM
My paint will last 9 years too but still be scratched and marred and chipped will need some sort of polish after 6-12 months. A 9 year coating is irrelevant on a car IMO

^^ this

I just had this conversation with a potential customer that was quoted some ridiculous amount and made promises like the coating they offer will last 5+ years with little to no maintenance. Perhaps true, but the vehicle will have 5+ years of road grime and contaminants on it just the same. It may bead water but that's about it. Needless to say, he's coming my way now.

BudgetPlan1
05-01-2018, 01:04 PM
What a dumb way to market something...

May as well claim eleventy-billion years if you're gonna claim 9 (on a car that actually leaves the garage).

Just beyond me why mfg claim longevity in years when mileage and climate play such a large role. Stupid marketing, sensationalist claims, dubious reality.

I wouldn't use this product even if it was free due to marketing ignorance.

Jaretr1
05-01-2018, 01:34 PM
What a dumb way to market something...

May as well claim eleventy-billion years if you're gonna claim 9 (on a car that actually leaves the garage).

Just beyond me why mfg claim longevity in years when mileage and climate play such a large role. Stupid marketing, sensationalist claims, dubious reality.

eleventy-billion ? That made me chuckle. Arent there spray waxes that last like that long? LOL

BadgerRivFan
05-01-2018, 04:45 PM

Ouch! Tough day today BudgetPlan1?

melF1fan
05-01-2018, 05:00 PM
the 'self healing' feature' of this coating appeals to me but that's with a new Rupes price... grrrrr

BudgetPlan1
05-01-2018, 05:27 PM
Kit without a pipette:

https://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/ECAD19E5-FF32-44C7-8CBB-03CF0E6CB82B.jpeg

BobThat's the non-pro version...for us mere mortals.

I think that is a pricing error. Jescar 8oz. medium polish is priced wrong also.Nope, it's $500 on Dr. Beasley site as well.

Professional Ceramic Car Coating | Dr. Beasley's (https://www.drbeasleys.com/nano-resin-pro-kit.html)

Wonder if anyone has given it a go?
eleventy-billion ? That made me chuckle. Arent there spray waxes that last like that long? LOLWell, duh...Zaino, although that's not a spray wax. For that type, Topcoat F11 is da shiznit!
Ouch! Tough day today BudgetPlan1?Nah...just so many ridiculous claims. Right up there with "Diamond-infused 10h hardness!".

As mentioned above, after 9 years, gonna have bigger issues than the longevity of the coating unless car never leaves the garage. Don't these 'warranties' c9me with pretty specific (and expensive) maintenance routines?

And who we kidding, if someone sent it to me, I would give it a try...

Had the 'normal' Dr. Beasleys coating but never got around to using it so sent it off to someone; unfortunately, USPS lost the package, claimed it was delivered.

The more manufacturer bluster, the less inclined I am to believe it.

And "Nano-Resin Pro also boasts an unheard-of pH 11 hardness"...somewhere a copywriter goofed on that one. And if they meant "11h Hardness" that might be even more unforgivable...

melF1fan
05-01-2018, 05:35 PM
Had the 'normal' Dr. Beasleys coating but never got around to using it so sent it off to someone; unfortunately, USPS lost the package, claimed it was delivered.

The more manufacturer bluster, the less inclined I am to believe it.

Well, the standard Nano Resin is pretty good especially after 2 layers / with one hour curing.

The best part being the user experience- extremely easy and no solvent / chemical odor. Great beading and fantastic looks

I will admit some of the other products in the past I’ve tried from Dr Beasley’s were hot or miss but the coating seems very good.

Still though I completely agree with various issues you will be concerned with on a car after 9 years much less a coating.. most don’t even keep a clear wrap on for that long and will replace.

Maybe they should come out with a middle ground 4-5 year self heal coating [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk