PDA

View Full Version : flood car odor

rbdetail
04-30-2018, 04:15 AM
I have a client that has a higher end, very low mileage car that was in a flood. As far as I know, it was just the carpeting that got wet. The car has been
thoroughly cleaned, and bombed with one of those chlorine/water activated products. By looking at it you would never know that anything
happened to the car. However, there is still a lingering odor that just keeps hanging on. Sort of musty, but different. Not like the smell like
find in a wet car trunk, but for lack of a better word a "sharper" smell, if that makes any sense.

I am looking for some best practices and products to try and eliminate the odor. I do not have an ozone machine (yet). I have heard that ozone
won't work on mold/mildew odors. Is that true?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

KyleBis2
04-30-2018, 04:51 AM
Have you tried using a disinfectant such as spray nine?
The only way to remove smells is to clean and disinfect absolutely every surface. Most time with flood cars, people take out the carpet. I know this probably isn’t possible but it’s just a thought. Cleaning, disinfecting and extraction hall the carpets and surfaces is what I can think of. Hope this can help.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)