PDA

View Full Version : What is a good natural (no additives) foam canon soap

TheMidnightNarwhal
04-29-2018, 10:21 PM
I have used my Sonax soap, tried 3oz and even 5oz in a foam canon filled with 800ml warm water mixed and the foam that comes out is nice but doesn't' stay.

So I was looking into maybe chemical guys Honeydew or Mr Pink but apparently they have additvies for gloss and also are not safe on paint coatings. I don't have a coating but I want something that could be used on anything.

Any recommendations on products I can get on Autogeek for this purpose?

Morrison
04-29-2018, 10:51 PM
Haven’t tried it yet but from what I’ve read Meguiars hyper wash is supposed to be really good. I’m going to be trying it soon as some of the other soap I’m using is gone.

KyleBis2
04-30-2018, 05:04 AM
Try and “ph neutral” soap that isn’t a wash and wax. A lot of soaps have a ph of around 7-8 which is slightly alkaline (basic). Many soaps range above 8 which is more likely to degrade coatings. While ph isn’t always a factor of degradation, it can be something to consider. Just research no sedative soaps and their ph. Don’t always trust the label. Commonly I find myself researching safety data sheets (sds) for products to see the ph and other info. Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

PA DETAILER
04-30-2018, 06:20 AM
Meguiars Hyper wash.

3D Pink car wash soap.

Both are outstanding soaps and leave nothing behind.

howardm4
04-30-2018, 06:34 AM
Try Optimum Car Wash.

Hammer77
04-30-2018, 06:44 AM
I have tried numerous soaps in my cannon, Hyper Wash is about the best I've used so far.

machz
04-30-2018, 06:50 AM
Like others have said Hyper wash is great in a foam cannon.

WRAPT C5Z06
04-30-2018, 07:30 AM
Chemical Guys Matte Soap. Are you using and electric or gas pressure washer. Makes a big difference as far as foam thickness.

TheMidnightNarwhal
04-30-2018, 07:35 AM
Chemical Guys Matte Soap. Are you using and electric or gas pressure washer. Makes a big difference as far as foam thickness.

Electric. I know itl be lower but I saw a videp guy has the little follow me Karcher and foam looks really good.

machz
04-30-2018, 08:50 AM
Electric. I know itl be lower but I saw a videp guy has the little follow me Karcher and foam looks really good.

I have a large ryobi gas washer and a small electric ryobi and to be honest the foam is almost the same from both. I do have to close the water knob on the foam cannon all the way with the electric but the foam is thick.

SWETM
04-30-2018, 11:54 AM
If you use it to foam it to use the wash mitt on it try Hyper Wash.

If you are going to prewash foam and rinse off. I would try Gyeon Foam or gtechnic w4 citrus foam.

TheMidnightNarwhal
05-01-2018, 08:37 PM
I just said F it and got Mr Pink. If client has coating I'll make sure to not use it...

Anyways, it works great!