PDA

View Full Version : Acronym Help for us Noobs!

minirips2
04-29-2018, 07:20 AM
I'm from the aviation sector, so acronyms are a part of life. After a while, you almost (or completely!) forget what they stand for. I'm a noob at this forum, but I've been polishing and babying paint on my own cars for a long time. The problem I have on these forums is the acronyms folks on here are using to signify products, many of which I would like to try at some point, given the positive results members have noted. Would it be possible to get a sticky thread started that lists popular product acronyms? BTW-I get why nobody wants to type out "Meguiars Gold Class High Gloss Premium Quik Detailer"! Who comes up with these names?

UncleDavy
04-29-2018, 07:27 AM
I have the same issue trying to figure out the acronyms. I had a boss that made up his own crazy acronyms and expected everyone to know what they meant. This thread should help.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/tricks-tips-and-techniques/863-acronyms.html?highlight=acronyms

minirips2
04-29-2018, 10:18 AM
thanks, UncleDavy. There's my sticky. I somehow missed that!

Setec Astronomy
05-08-2018, 05:13 PM
I'm from the aviation sector, so acronyms are a part of life. After a while, you almost (or completely!) forget what they stand for.

Yeah, it's a bummer when some FOD causes an AOG and messes up your TBO schedule.