PDA

View Full Version : Makita Da Polisher

ElDetailer
04-28-2018, 08:12 PM
Any feedbacks on the Makita P5000C

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Mike@ShineStruck
04-28-2018, 08:43 PM
I'm a big advocate of the PO5000C

Compared to the 3401
It's more balanced tool
Almost vibration free(Rupes smooth) with correct pads
Rarely walks due to Small 5.5 stroke and longer body
Doesn't get stupid hot where your hands are
Very ergonomic, also perfer the rubber handles.
Correct faster due to more RPM and more OPM
You're able to install a 3in plate to have 3.5 forced .
Cheaper priced

I'm sure I missed a few things but eh.

Cons
Picky on pads, stick to LC thin pros Mille or any MF/wool with a foam inner layer

In free spin mode, it's worthless for polish/compounding
Virtually no padn rotation...free spin only makes sense to use for Machine sanding, clay disc or LSP application.

RSW
04-30-2018, 11:12 AM
Hey Mike,

On the rare occasion your compound is sticking to the paint, making a final pass in the random orbital mode makes taking the compound off a lot easier. There is no short throw random orbital that does anything to write home about. IMHO

RSW

Route246
04-30-2018, 11:36 AM
I'm a big advocate of the PO5000C

Compared to the 3401
It's more balanced tool
Almost vibration free(Rupes smooth) with correct pads
Rarely walks due to Small 5.5 stroke and longer body
Doesn't get stupid hot where your hands are
Very ergonomic, also perfer the rubber handles.
Correct faster due to more RPM and more OPM
You're able to install a 3in plate to have 3.5 forced .
Cheaper priced

I'm sure I missed a few things but eh.

Cons
Picky on pads, stick to LC thin pros Mille or any MF/wool with a foam inner layer

In free spin mode, it's worthless for polish/compounding
Virtually no padn rotation...free spin only makes sense to use for Machine sanding, clay disc or LSP application.

Agree that in free spin mode it has much to desire but for forced rotation mode it is a beast. I don't use it that much because our vehicles are all pretty new and the paint is in good shape but I used it to fix some stubborn water spots on a friend's car using only AIO and it worked really, really well for that. I didn't know what the comments were about "it wears you down" meant until I got it and started using it. You really need to focus on keeping the pad perfectly flat or it will "wear you down" trying to keep it in uniform linear passes.