PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars or Pinnacle?

Hyper-x
02-04-2008, 08:54 PM
Hey guys Im new in the whole polishing thing, what's the best polish compound? Pinnacle or Meguiars? I own a Mazda 3 S Black Mica and the paint is 1 1/2 old, plus I had some paint job done due to an accident and in some points the paint is more faded. Or which product you recommend?

lethalxls1
02-05-2008, 12:58 AM
Menzerna SIP and Nano. As far as waxes go I think Pinnacle souveran paste wax is better than Megs. hands down.

supercharged
02-05-2008, 01:16 AM
As far as polishes - Menzerna > Pinnacle > Meguiar's
Waxes, Pinnacle waxes are so much better then Meguiar's.:righton:

Meghan
02-05-2008, 07:51 AM
Yes I think comparing Meguiars to Pinnacle is not really fair... two different leagues. If you are looking for a good one for bad paint XMT is a great choice, and its made by Pinnacle.

Todd@RUPES
02-05-2008, 09:41 AM
Wow, suprised by the rating of Pinnacle over Meguiar's polishes. I would rate Meguiars' far above Pinnacles line (which didn't impress me too much) because of the sheer variety of the products offered. Meguiars #80 leaves a very wet finish on paints (because of the oils) and is a perfect prep if you are going to use a carnuaba.

In terms of waxes, I would say Souveran look a little warmer then #26, but the difference isn't mind blowing at all. Infact, side by side, I'm sure you would have people siding with both waxes.

Labster
02-05-2008, 09:58 AM
I'm gonna have to agree with Todd on this one. I've never been all that impressed with Pinnacle polishes. I love using Megs DACP and #80 and both finish LSP ready with a nice deep gloss. As for Pinnacle waxes I can't help but love using Souveran both the paste and liquid. They leave dark colors deep and wet and red dripping!

Hyper-x
02-05-2008, 05:10 PM
But what about this? This is the actual bottle that I used
http://www.pumabuild.co.uk/catalog/images/sample4.jpg

budman3
02-05-2008, 05:25 PM
Pinnacle and Meguiar's both carry a wide range of products. So just saying one is better than the other without any specifications is ridiculious. Meguair's has a lot of consumer grade products that aren't nearly as good as Pinnacle products. The Meg's Pro and Detailer series gives Pinnacle a run for its money.

Hyper-X, do you have a machine to use or will this be done by hand?

Hyper-x
02-05-2008, 05:29 PM
Hey budman3, yeah I have one machine but is not the porter cable, I don't remember the name but is 10" and to say the truth I don't like it, it wobbles around quite a bit.

Todd@RUPES
02-05-2008, 07:06 PM
But what about this? This is the actual bottle that I used
http://www.pumabuild.co.uk/catalog/images/sample4.jpg

Meguiars calls their glazes "polishes". That is a non abrasive polish, full of oils, designed to increase depth and gloss. The Pinnacle equivelent is XMT Finishing Glaze (I think) of which I have no expereince.

D
02-05-2008, 08:01 PM
Ive got a bunch of XMT if you want it. Just PM me.

klumzypinoy
02-05-2008, 10:05 PM
Menzerna polishes for life!! I do have XMT 3 and I like it but I have only used Menzerna 106FF and it's awesome stuff. If I got some SIP, I think I'd demote XMT3 to other things :P