PDA

View Full Version : Optimum hyper system

Tmcbigblue
04-27-2018, 10:04 AM
Has anyone been using the optimum hyper paint Correction system? What I mean by system is their hyper polish, intensive polish, and hyper compound, pads, long throw polisher together as a paint Correction system. I have hyper polish and really like it and was wondering about their other more aggressive compounds. Their hyper compound is supposed to be a lot more aggressive than the older formula. I can’t really find any reviews on it or the intensive polish. I’ve been reading up on how they recommend to use these products and it’s seems if they deliver as advertised that it would be a really user friendly and affective system. Anyone have any experience with the hyper stuff other than hyper polish?

watson1001
04-27-2018, 01:35 PM
I have used the Hyper polish on my new 2018 Mustang gt pp1 with Royal Crimson paint before I coated it with Gloss coat . I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was to use ( polish) with amazing results , flawless finish . I then used the paint prep to wipe down the car before applying gloss coat . I keep meaning to post some pictures and such of what I had done but never got around to it . If Optimum spray compounds work as easiliy as the polish did they would be a joy to work with for sure .

jkrig
04-27-2018, 03:10 PM
First off I don't use any Optimum pads so not sure how that would affect my results, also I tested on a black C6 hood with bad defects but here's what I noticed . Hyper Compound is good, I paired it with a MF cutting pad on Rupes 21 and in my experience it didn't cut quite as well as say Griots FCC however, step up to a foamed wool pad with Hyper Compound and its knocks out defects quick and easy, finishes pretty darn well too....so on softer paints you could def save some time with the Hyper system, on really hard paints with severe defects HC may require pads with more cut and or rotary.......

DetailedByPrecision
04-27-2018, 05:02 PM
Only have used hyper polish and my main reason was to use it on extremely soft paintwork. Always need a variety of polishes to have on hand to be prepared for all type of paintwork.

Tmcbigblue
04-27-2018, 05:42 PM
First off I don't use any Optimum pads so not sure how that would affect my results, also I tested on a black C6 hood with bad defects but here's what I noticed . Hyper Compound is good, I paired it with a MF cutting pad on Rupes 21 and in my experience it didn't cut quite as well as say Griots FCC however, step up to a foamed wool pad with Hyper Compound and its knocks out defects quick and easy, finishes pretty darn well too....so on softer paints you could def save some time with the Hyper system, on really hard paints with severe defects HC may require pads with more cut and or rotary.......
Do you know if it’s the newer formula or the older one? Supposed to be a big difference in cut. I believe the newest one is white in color, but I’m not for sure.

msafady1
04-27-2018, 07:44 PM
Hyper Compound is terrible. Hyper Polish is great! Go figure...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tmcbigblue
05-01-2018, 05:05 PM
I would have thought more people have used the newer hyper compound. They advertise that is will remove 1000 grit sanding marks so it should be pretty aggressive. What caught my attention is they recommend a relatively slower machine speed with no pressure.

dlc95
05-01-2018, 05:10 PM
I would have thought more people have used the newer hyper compound. They advertise that is will remove 1000 grit sanding marks so it should be pretty aggressive. What caught my attention is they recommend a relatively slower machine speed with no pressure.

The only reason I haven't tried the Hyper line, is because of the sprayer potentially clogging.

I suppose I should get over it, and give them a try.

msafady1
05-01-2018, 09:38 PM
The only reason I haven't tried the Hyper line, is because of the sprayer potentially clogging.

I suppose I should get over it, and give them a try.
Compound clogs, polish does not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk