PDA

View Full Version : Rupes Mille vs LHR15 Mark II

Pages : [1] 2 3

hammargren
04-27-2018, 09:55 AM
I need anyones help trying to make the final decision. Going to be placing the order either today or tomorrow at the latest. I am leaning more towards the Rupes Mille but haven't ruled out the LHR15 Mark II. I am new to machine polishing and have zero experience behind a polisher. I will be just detailing my own personal vehicles, an enclosed trailer, and I plan to polish my toons on the pontoon. I know one machine is tough to do everything but right now can only afford one so I am looking for the best all around unit as well as user friendly.

Lumorales1975
04-27-2018, 10:18 AM
I need anyones help trying to make the final decision. Going to be placing the order either today or tomorrow at the latest. I am leaning more towards the Rupes Mille but haven't ruled out the LHR15 Mark II. I am new to machine polishing and have zero experience behind a polisher. I will be just detailing my own personal vehicles, an enclosed trailer, and I plan to polish my toons on the pontoon. I know one machine is tough to do everything but right now can only afford one so I am looking for the best all around unit as well as user friendly.

Same here I’m in the same boat I need to order one this weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mbkite
04-27-2018, 10:33 AM
Get it done I would say the Mille But the 15 mk 2 is their flag ship machine..

hammargren
04-27-2018, 10:47 AM
That doesn't help me out lol

rangerbay
04-27-2018, 12:09 PM
If you are polishing lots of flat surfaces, get the 15. If you are polishing angled curvy surfaces, get the mille or the flex.

hammargren
04-27-2018, 12:10 PM
Thats the hard part. The trailer and pontoon panels will be obviously all flat surfaces but then vehicles and the physical pontoons being rounded would be curved. Thats where it gets hard with only buying one machine lol.

Lumorales1975
04-27-2018, 12:26 PM
Thats the hard part. The trailer and pontoon panels will be obviously all flat surfaces but then vehicles and the physical pontoons being rounded would be curved. Thats where it gets hard with only buying one machine lol.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180427/a2457516163c6fd56dbb6a1fab173422.jpg I just ordered this I’m going big screw it lol [emoji23]

hammargren
04-27-2018, 12:50 PM
Did you order the Mille?

Rsurfer
04-27-2018, 01:39 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180427/a2457516163c6fd56dbb6a1fab173422.jpg I just ordered this I’m going big screw it lol [emoji23]

Nice, but where's the Mini?

Lumorales1975
04-27-2018, 01:45 PM
Nice, but where's the Mini?

The rupes mini will be ordered next next week [emoji1430]

custmsprty
04-27-2018, 01:48 PM
It's comparing apples to oranges. Gear driven vs. Random Orbital.

I don't have any gear driven / forced rotation tools so I cannot comment on them as I've never used one. I personally don't have any curiosity about them as I'm content with my random orbitals.

I do have the following dual action tools:

Rupes 15 1st gen
Rupes Duetto
Rupes Mini
Griot Boss 21
Griot's GG6

hammargren
04-27-2018, 02:44 PM
Thats where I am struggling, 90% of my work I am sure the 15 will be fine.

hammargren
04-27-2018, 03:34 PM
I have decided to order the Mille along with additional form and wool pads so I have pads for both size backing plates that the Mille offers.

I am not a fan of phillip head screws which the Mille has to hold on the backing plate. Anyone know if you can change them out to allen wrench or star head screws?

msafady1
04-27-2018, 07:49 PM
I have decided to order the Mille along with additional form and wool pads so I have pads for both size backing plates that the Mille offers.

I am not a fan of phillip head screws which the Mille has to hold on the backing plate. Anyone know if you can change them out to allen wrench or star head screws?
For a beginner, I’d say the Mille is the correct choice between the two. Make sure to fully prime the face of a fresh pad with the Mille.

B5visser
04-27-2018, 07:55 PM

I don't see why you couldn't swap out the screws- I actually just thought about that yesterday when I was at the hardware store!

The Mille is a great tool- I think you'll like it! I'll be putting it through its first full detail tomorrow and I can already tell you its significantly more refined than the 3401!