PDA

View Full Version : Looking to re-invest in some pads

Pages : [1] 2

LSNAutoDetailing
04-26-2018, 01:03 PM
My current pads include the entire line-up of: LC CCS, GG BOSS & Rupes for 15" Bigfoot

Looking to reinvest in some new pads and was looking for something good for both the BOSS G-15 & Rupes Bigfoot 15"

Products typically used:
Boss Cremes
Megs 105/205
Pinnacle Compound & Polish/Menz Compound & Polish
HD Speed (but I use the CCS's for that).

I know a lot of new pads have come out in the past year and haven't stayed on top of it.

Cruzscarwash
04-26-2018, 01:55 PM
I think boss are best with GG creams. Besides those I like the LC line as well. Normally the flat line.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

LSNAutoDetailing
04-26-2018, 02:47 PM
I think boss are best with GG creams. Besides those I like the LC line as well. Normally the flat line.

No doubt the GG Boss pads are amazing! They're my go too... With that said, I find they don't work quite well (as they shouldn't) on the Rupes LRH MK II 15. Thus, I have the entire lineup of the Rupes pads for the MKII. However, these are not my go-to pads. I find they're HUGE, and very thick. And as a consumer, I'd like to get away from proprietary accessories and pads for the two polishers. (I understand both BOSS & Rupes are designed as complete systems).

So all of these claim to be engineered for both Rupes & BOSS. Any thoughts?
LC SDO and HDO pads... What's the difference?
Buff N Shine makes a LowPro Large Throw

Differences between LC/HDO/SDO and B&S LowPro's?
Pro's / con's preferences?

Bueller?

Cruzscarwash
04-26-2018, 02:59 PM
So I like the boss because of how things they are, I like the LC flats because they are tanks and take any abuse.

All the others u named I have but never did as well as boss and LC flats

LSNAutoDetailing
04-26-2018, 03:18 PM
You know... I think I've made a decision. I'm going to stick with proprietary pads for proprietary systems Wondering how the Rupes Mille` pads will work on an MKII

Ok, pulled the trigger
6x BOSS white
6x BOSS Orange
6x BOSS MF
----------
6x B&S LowPro Green
6x B&S LowPro Orange

Now I can thin the heard of BOSS pads that are starting to get long in the tooth. I heard the BOSS MF Pads are a "Gen 2?" and supposedly better than the ones I have. I see a little separation happening between the foam and the MF, which means trash time! Don't want to suffer catastrophic failure.

I'll wait until later this year when the Rupes Mille comes out and try some of their Mille pads... hopefully those will work on the MKII.

mwoywod
04-26-2018, 05:54 PM
You know... I think I've made a decision. I'm going to stick with proprietary pads for proprietary systems Wondering how the Rupes Mille` pads will work on an MKII

Ok, pulled the trigger
6x BOSS white
6x BOSS Orange
6x BOSS MF
----------
6x B&S LowPro Green
6x B&S LowPro Orange

Now I can thin the heard of BOSS pads that are starting to get long in the tooth. I heard the BOSS MF Pads are a "Gen 2?" and supposedly better than the ones I have. I see a little separation happening between the foam and the MF, which means trash time! Don't want to suffer catastrophic failure.

I'll wait until later this year when the Rupes Mille comes out and try some of their Mille pads... hopefully those will work on the MKII.

I see you already pulled the trigger and I know alot of people love them but I REALLY disliked the B&S orange & green low-pro foam. They're WAY too firm.

If you prefer to cut with foam, I think you'll really like the orange & green foam pads because they are extremely aggressive. But I personally prefer the ease of use of microfiber for cutting and using a slightly softer foam for polishing. I love the Yellow uro-tec polishing pad (it is slightly thinner than rupes yellow) & I REALLY like the new orange SDO & the orange HDO pads for polishing.

rlmccarty2000
04-26-2018, 07:53 PM
My all time favorite pad is the Rupes yellow. It holds up to a lot of punishment. I use it on almost every detail I do.

dlc95
04-26-2018, 08:02 PM
LC HDO would be my choice of I were to go towards a "universal" pad system for all my tools.

PaulMys
04-26-2018, 08:04 PM
Not to go off topic in Paul's thread, but how do the BOSS pads play with the GG6?

PaulMys
04-26-2018, 08:09 PM
LC HDO would be my choice of I were to go towards a "universal" pad system for all my tools.

Interesting. Can you elaborate?

I love my LC flats, but always looking to explore as I gain more polishing time and notice their (few) shortcomings.

fightnews
04-27-2018, 05:41 AM
My current pads include the entire line-up of: LC CCS, GG BOSS & Rupes for 15" Bigfoot

Looking to reinvest in some new pads and was looking for something good for both the BOSS G-15 & Rupes Bigfoot 15"

Products typically used:
Boss Cremes
Megs 105/205
Pinnacle Compound & Polish/Menz Compound & Polish
HD Speed (but I use the CCS's for that).

I know a lot of new pads have come out in the past year and haven't stayed on top of it.

I like the euro techs for the 15

LSNAutoDetailing
04-27-2018, 01:02 PM
I see you already pulled the trigger and I know alot of people love them but I REALLY disliked the B&S orange & green low-pro foam. They're WAY too firm.

If you prefer to cut with foam, I think you'll really like the orange & green foam pads because they are extremely aggressive. But I personally prefer the ease of use of microfiber for cutting and using a slightly softer foam for polishing. I love the Yellow uro-tec polishing pad (it is slightly thinner than rupes yellow) & I REALLY like the new orange SDO & the orange HDO pads for polishing.

I do prefer to cut w/ Foam vs. MF. Mainly as you mention sometimes we just don't have the time to do a two step and an MF will leave a light haze (visible to my eyes). One of my favorite pads is the BOSS Whilte Pad, which is very course and firm. It cuts quickly but leaves a nice gloss w/out haze. It sits perfectly between the Orange BOSS & MF BOSS. So I'll give the B&S a shot...

mwoywod
04-27-2018, 06:47 PM
I do prefer to cut w/ Foam vs. MF. Mainly as you mention sometimes we just don't have the time to do a two step and an MF will leave a light haze (visible to my eyes). One of my favorite pads is the BOSS Whilte Pad, which is very course and firm. It cuts quickly but leaves a nice gloss w/out haze. It sits perfectly between the Orange BOSS & MF BOSS. So I'll give the B&S a shot...

If you like the white boss foam pad I think you'll love the orange & green B&S low-pro pads. The entire low-pro line up is unbelievably durable as well.

I'll be eager to hear your feedback. I'm completely different in the sense that I like thick foam pads like the rupes yellow and the B&S uro-tec foam pads. Guys that can successfully use thin & firm foam pads on a Rupes 15 or 21 are WAY better with long-throw polishers than I am.

msafady1
04-27-2018, 07:34 PM
My all time favorite pad is the Rupes yellow. It holds up to a lot of punishment. I use it on almost every detail I do.
It’s definitely one of my favorites for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cruzscarwash
04-27-2018, 07:38 PM
Not to go off topic in Paul's thread, but how do the BOSS pads play with the GG6?Works great, I actually use my GG6 more then my other BOSS Polishers out of comfort and pad rotation. The GG6 is my daily driver