PDA

View Full Version : WG Tire Dressing

Jimmie
02-04-2008, 01:56 PM
Has anyone tried the Wolfgang Black Diamond Tire Gel? Would like to know anything about it since I came across these prices on larger sizes. Looks like a great deal. Haven't heard much about this product.
Wolfgang Black Diamond Tire Gel this thick gel penetrates beneath the surface to give your tires a long-lasting true glow! (http://www.autogeek.net/wg4700.html)
Scroll down to 1/2 and 1 gallon sizes.

makdaddy626
02-04-2008, 02:39 PM
Wow, those are some great prices, thanks for sharing. I haven't tried WG tire dressing yet and am very happy with the SC offering I have now, but at those prices... I'll be keeping an eye on this thread to see what others have to say.

ASPHALT ROCKET
02-04-2008, 05:16 PM
I used to use it for the tires but no matter how much you went back and wiped off the excess it still slung. I now use on the wheel wells. After being applied to the wheel wells all you need to do is wipe off wells with a damp towel and the wells look like new again.

ricka
02-04-2008, 05:21 PM
I like WG. Nice durability and dirt doesn't stick to it. Best advice for slinging (as always) is apply thinly, let cure for about an hour then wipe excess. Very little sling if at all.

ASPHALT ROCKET
02-04-2008, 05:24 PM
no matter which way applied it would always sling, now it makes a great wheel well dressing, other than that I find it to be a poor tire dressing.

ricka
02-04-2008, 05:27 PM
Have been looking at the Surf City offering...read its good stuff but more of a matte look

supercharged
02-04-2008, 05:34 PM
That must be the price for older formula. I really liked it! Smells like Megs interior QD, leaves a nice gloss. Very similar to DP, and Pinnacle.

ScottB
02-04-2008, 06:23 PM
It is a gel, and important to only apply to dry tires. You also need to go back and rewipe after 10 minutes to stop any excess from sloping onto the paint. Its quite dark and pleasing ...

ricka
02-04-2008, 06:25 PM
+1 re: killers quote. since its absorbed into the rubber, a dry clean tire works best.

ASPHALT ROCKET
02-04-2008, 06:37 PM
Maybe I need to explain alittle more, even after letting it sit and wiping numerous times it still slings, I am not the only one with this problem. I have been doing this for quite sometime. I will say again, it does make an excellent wheel well dressing and thats it.

purplenurple
02-04-2008, 07:07 PM
The WG and SCG dressings are the only ones that I use on my tires. Neither one slings - the WG is more of a gel, and the SCG is much more watery. Both give the tires a very dark, black look - the WG is a bit more glossy than the SCG.