PDA

View Full Version : Anyone OCD about anything else?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Radster1986
04-25-2018, 07:43 PM
Just curious as we all have something we're a little OCD about, especially car care since we are on here. But I was wondering if there is anything else anyone else has an obsession about? Mine lately is my health and appearance as I get older, especially my teeth.

PaulMys
04-25-2018, 08:05 PM
My tool boxes.

Everything HAS to be in its place or else I go crazy.

30+ years of mechanic work has done this, but looking for a tool when you need it = lost time, and a lot of cursing. Lol

custmsprty
04-25-2018, 08:12 PM
I'm not ocd about anything. Never have been never will be LOL. But Monk is one of my top three all time favorite detective shows.

VISITOR
04-25-2018, 08:14 PM
doing my own laundry. i don't like wearing wrinkled/faded clothes (t-shirts/shirts, shorts, jeans). i've been doing my own laundry since i was a teen, otherwise if someone else did them (which they have done before) they would be all faded and too small, thanks to hot water/heat (in with the wrong colors too). i like to make my clothes last a long time, kinda like microfiber towels lol. there are other things, but this is what comes to mind first..

PaulMys
04-25-2018, 08:15 PM
I'm not ocd about anything. Never have been never will be LOL. But Monk is one of my top three all time favorite detective shows.

You suck Mark. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Eldorado2k
04-25-2018, 08:19 PM
I’m OCD about the way I shower. It must be done the same way or else there’s no point because if I fail to go through my normL routine I won’t feel clean. IMO there’s no such thing as “a quik rinse off”

PaulMys
04-25-2018, 08:22 PM
I’m OCD about the way I shower. It must be done the same way or else there’s no point because if I fail to go through my normL routine I won’t feel clean. IMO there’s no such thing as “a quik rinse off”

You use ONR, Eldo??

custmsprty
04-25-2018, 08:30 PM
doing my own laundry. i don't like wearing wrinkled/faded clothes (t-shirts/shirts, shorts, jeans). i've been doing my own laundry since i was a teen, otherwise if someone else did them (which they have done before) they would be all faded and too small, thanks to hot water/heat (in with the wrong colors too). i like to make my clothes last a long time, kinda like microfiber towels lol. there are other things, but this is what comes to mind first..

I don't think that's ocd, I've been doing my own laundry since I was 14 and I still do today. My reason back then was so I didn't have to hear my mom whine about how she didn't have enough time to do everything in a day. I did have two brothers who weren't happy about it, but I've always been the type of person who hates whining and removes obstacles. I'm doing clothes right now as I watch Seal Team and read the forum. The washing machine washes them and the dryer dries them, all I gave to do is fold them. And I agree with you 100% on the shrinking, fading, etc.

Kamakaz1961
04-25-2018, 08:32 PM
I am OCD about 2nd Amendment Stuff. Whether that be polishing feed ramps & slides, spring tension, assembling and gun smithing stuff. I am also OCD to become a better shooter. I go to my local range on average 1 - 2 times a week. I will keep this vague as to just 2nd Amendment stuff so I will not trigger anyone or offend anyone with my words....LOL

PaulMys
04-25-2018, 08:36 PM
Agreed on the laundry.

I don't have many clothes in the first place, but we work so much, I would never burden the wife with extra laundry.

Same goes with dishes. Use a dish, wash a dish.

UncleDavy
04-25-2018, 08:44 PM
My steel toe Timberland work boots. They started out as a dull flat black but I spit shined them to a black mirror finish. Now I spit shine them every day. I can wear them in a nice office or on a factory floor. Customers remember me as the guy with the shiny shoes.

VISITOR
04-25-2018, 08:45 PM
I don't think that's ocd, I've been doing my own laundry since I was 14 and I still do today. My reason back then was so I didn't have to hear my mom whine about how she didn't have enough time to do everything in a day. I did have two brothers who weren't happy about it, but I've always been the type of person who hates whining and removes obstacles. I'm doing clothes right now as I watch Seal Team and read the forum. The washing machine washes them and the dryer dries them, all I gave to do is fold them. And I agree with you 100% on the shrinking, fading, etc.

we spend so much time/money to make the appearance of our vehicles look nice, so it would make sense for our appearance to be that way too. no one wants to look like a slob...

VISITOR
04-25-2018, 08:47 PM
Same goes with dishes. Use a dish, wash a dish.

that's why i use paper plates lol. not all the time though...

PaulMys
04-25-2018, 08:50 PM
that's why i use paper plates lol. not all the time though...

Oh, boy........ I go through paper plates like crazy. LOL

custmsprty
04-25-2018, 08:57 PM
I am OCD about 2nd Amendment Stuff. Whether that be polishing feed ramps & slides, spring tension, assembling and gun smithing stuff. I am also OCD to become a better shooter. I go to my local range on average 1 - 2 times a week. I will keep this vague as to just 2nd Amendment stuff so I will not trigger anyone or offend anyone with my words....LOL

Yet you live in California, that's an oxymoron. LOL. Oh man, I couldn't give up the 2nd amendment rights California has stripped over the years. You'd be very jealous of my gun safe LOL. I'll leave it at that. I feel for you brother.