PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on cquartz uk 3.0

Pages : [1] 2 3

Sushi5679
04-25-2018, 10:16 AM
Anyone applied the new cquartz uk 3.0? I just ordered it and was wondering and if anybody had tried it out.

BadRims
04-25-2018, 11:23 AM
I've been using it for the past week or so on a six month old car and I can't tell the difference in appearance between it and the previous version (not to say there isn't any). I know it's supposed to be easier to wipe off, and I may be applying too much, but it appears to be "smearing" more on suede towels. In other words, when I wipe it I have to be sure to use a clean side of suede for every swipe and triple check for any left on the paint. That said I can wipe it off almost immediately. Carpro Gliss seems to apply on top of it easier than the previous version. Overall I'll continue using it if only based on faith in their marketing that it is better.

I'm a hobbyist so my observations may not be as sound as a professional.

TTQ B4U
04-25-2018, 01:15 PM
Interested as well. Haven't used it but am not sure if it's available stateside yet outside carpro direct.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk

Rsurfer
04-25-2018, 01:48 PM
I've been using it for the past week or so on a six month old car and I can't tell the difference in appearance between it and the previous version (not to say there isn't any). I know it's supposed to be easier to wipe off, and I may be applying too much, but it appears to be "smearing" more on suede towels. In other words, when I wipe it I have to be sure to use a clean side of suede for every swipe and triple check for any left on the paint. That said I can wipe it off almost immediately. Carpro Gliss seems to apply on top of it easier than the previous version. Overall I'll continue using it if only based on faith in their marketing that it is better.

I'm a hobbyist so my observations may not be as sound as a professional.

A clean side of a suede towel for every swipe seems a bit much. You either are using too much product or not letting it flash. What was the temp and humidity?

BadRims
04-25-2018, 02:33 PM
A clean side of a suede towel for every swipe seems a bit much. You either are using too much product or not letting it flash. What was the temp and humidity?

Temp: 65f
humidity: 70%

I started to see the rainbow colors but I was only waiting about 30 seconds or so. I'll try letting it get closer to the two minute limit that they put on the bottle... Most likely I'm using too much product...

Avi@CarPro
04-29-2018, 05:17 AM
The main difference in the new version is easy to use at any temp, cold or hot,
important is to apply thin layer and even, to let flash about 1 min than to wipe off with short pile mf or the suedes.
its not marketing trick, we never lie in our products, its made to be easy for starters or pro users with same durability we proven with cquk in the past years.

BadRims
04-29-2018, 07:58 AM
important is to apply thin layer and even, to let flash about 1 min than to wipe off with short pile mf or the suedes.
its not marketing trick, we never lie in our products, its made to be easy for starters or pro users with same durability we proven with cquk in the past years.

I tried using less after the feedback in this thread and it seemed to be easier to remove. I’ll try waiting a full minute as well. Seems like a good product.

tonloc08
04-29-2018, 08:52 AM
I used it recently and was initially frustrated. Couldn’t figure out the proper timing to wipe it off. Finally figured out that I was using too much. Much easier to wipe off after that. Still much more finicky to apply than gloss-coat but it seems that cquartz uk’s longevity is better. Time will tell.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BadRims
04-29-2018, 08:59 AM
I used it recently and was initially frustrated. Couldn’t figure out the proper timing to wipe it off. Finally figured out that I was using too much. Much easier to wipe off after that. Still much more finicky to apply than gloss-coat but it seems that cquartz uk’s longevity is better. Time will tell.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I always read about folks having issues removing cquk 2.0 (or whatever that now-last version is called) but it was always easy for me to remove after a few minutes.

Regardless I’ve got about 10 different carpro products on my minivan....

WRAPT C5Z06
04-29-2018, 09:14 AM
Can it be used on vinyl wraps?

minerigger
04-29-2018, 10:49 AM
Interested as well. Haven't used it but am not sure if it's available stateside yet outside carpro direct.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8 using TapatalkIt's available at AG now...just waiting for gliss to arrive

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Avi@CarPro
04-30-2018, 01:29 AM
Can it be used on vinyl wraps?

Yes , same way apply and right after wipe off, new CQUK 3.0 is almost WOWO ! , Wipe on wipe off, no need flashing

TTQ B4U
04-30-2018, 06:53 AM
It's available at AG now...just waiting for gliss to arrive

Sent from my SM-G930V using TapatalkOf course it is is.....as I just recieved a new 50ml size of UK. Oh well. I plan on Geyon Syncro for mine car come summer anyway. Even with 10 days of road grime and rainy muck on my wifes car with Syncro water sheds from the side panels like it's being blown off. Very cool. I may shoot a video of it today.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk

WRAPT C5Z06
04-30-2018, 08:13 AM
Yes , same way apply and right after wipe off, new CQUK 3.0 is almost WOWO ! , Wipe on wipe off, no need flashing
That sold me, love WOWO!!

Dmtammaro
04-30-2018, 09:30 AM
What kind of prep work do I need to do to use this? I polished and waxed about 2 weeks ago. Can I use this over that or do I need to remove those coatings first?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk