PDA

View Full Version : Which browser do you use to read the forum?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Mike Phillips
04-24-2018, 08:18 AM
Which browser do you use to read the forum?

Just curios? Which browser to you use to read the forum?

Because I started the poll I'm happy to go first. I use Internet Explorer because it takes advantage of all the features available in vBulletin.

My guess is most people don't use both WYSIWYG and Code View when typing on the forum but I do. Internet Explorer makes it easy to toggle back and forth between these to views. I use this when answering people using the "Multi-Quote" option to answer questions, which I use often when answer with detailed replies.

I also use it when posting mega pictures because it's so much faster to use the Code View to copy and paste multiple strings of code.

If all I did was post one-liner answers then I could use anything.

On my phone, tablet and laptop I use either Safari, (apple browser), or the TapaTalk App.

For those that don't know, you can insert pictures into your posts using the TapaTalk App

Sometimes I use Firefox to troubleshoot issues, for example, right now something has changed on the forum and Internet Explorer is not displaying YouTube videos.

:)

FrankS
04-24-2018, 08:20 AM
Google Chrome on my PC.

Safari on my iPhone or iPad.

If inserting pictures quickly, then I use the Tapatalk app.

BigMikeMD
04-24-2018, 08:26 AM
Firefox on the PC but mostly Tapatalk app on Android phone/tablet

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

gdvan01
04-24-2018, 09:12 AM
Typically use Chrome for pretty much all interwebs browsing, Internet Exploder at work for specific apps that require/work better in IE.

Will 'explore' (see what I did there...?) using IE here when it seems the better option.

Have yet to look into the Tapatalk sorcery.

Bruno Soares
04-24-2018, 09:13 AM
Safari for the most part (Mac/iPhone/iPad) but I'll use Chrome when I'm at work because I have a PC there.

Eldorado2k
04-24-2018, 09:15 AM
Tapatalk[emoji336]

LEDetailing
04-24-2018, 09:51 AM
Safari on both mobile and desktop. I have probably typed 98% of my posts/replies on my iPhone. I need to use the desktop more often:)

mc2hill
04-24-2018, 10:00 AM
Chrome from work, just switched to Firefox at home, and Dashlane on my phone.

JustJesus
04-24-2018, 10:45 AM

My guess is most people don't use both WYSIWYG and Code View when typing on the forum but I do. Internet Explorer makes it easy to toggle back and forth between these to views. I use this when answering people using the "Multi-Quote" option to answer questions, which I use often when answer with detailed replies.

I also use it when posting mega pictures because it's so much faster to use the Code View to copy and paste multiple strings of code.

I use Chrome.

Will you be making a write-up on WYSIGWYG and Code View? That stuff sounds interesting. The way I've been doing "Multi-Quote" is a bit of work, and remembering where I'm putting in the breaks for the quotes.

And I'm still holding back on my mega-thread cuz it's so picture heavy. I need a solid block of time to do that one.

BudgetPlan1
04-24-2018, 12:11 PM
Chrome when on a PC/Laptop but 99% of forum activity done on Android via Tapatalk app.

Mike Phillips
04-24-2018, 01:55 PM
I use Chrome.

Will you be making a write-up on WYSIGWYG and Code View? That stuff sounds interesting.

I already did, in fact by the time stamp on the thread, looks like I wrote this article about a week after coming to work here at Autogeek.

How to use the "Editor Mode" to break a single quoted message up into smaller quoted sections (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/off-topic/20690-how-use-editor-mode-break-single-quoted-message-up-into-smaller-quoted-sections.html)

This is for anyone that's not sure how to use the Editor Mode in vBulletin to tweak their code or to break a large section of quoted material into smaller bites-size sections.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/722/editormode.jpg

It also shows you how to use the up and down arrows to shrink or increase the length of your message box for easier typing.

:xyxthumbs:

Dan Tran
04-24-2018, 02:43 PM
iPhone app

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

SWETM
04-24-2018, 03:55 PM
Use my tablet Samsung Tab A6 and Firefox for the most and Firefox also on the PC. On my phone Sony XZ Premium I use tapatalk but it's a very buggy app for me.

MrNiceGuy
04-24-2018, 04:19 PM
I use a RSS feed reader called Feedly.

rlmccarty2000
04-24-2018, 07:25 PM
Safari unless I want to post pictures then Tapatalk.