PDA

View Full Version : Chenille microfiber wash mitts - how long before you retire them?

briarpatch
04-21-2018, 08:09 PM
I have several of these wash mitts, and am wondering how long before most folks retire them. They get washed between uses, and really show no visible signs of wear...or at least, not yet.

sudsmobile
04-21-2018, 08:20 PM
We order two new mitts once a month. I keep the others around for emergencies, washing stuff that it doesn't matter, washing vehicles with paint damage so the paint doesn't tear up our good mitts, etc. I'm not sure if it's overkill, but that's the system we decided on when we started.

PaulMys
04-21-2018, 08:40 PM
I have several of these wash mitts, and am wondering how long before most folks retire them. They get washed between uses, and really show no visible signs of wear...or at least, not yet.

Just doing my truck and wife's Wrangler, I find these mitts to last about two seasons (maybe 50 washes) before they become wheel washers.

VISITOR
04-22-2018, 12:06 AM
i would just keep an eye on them and when they feel like they are losing their softness (or aren't anywhere near/close the way they were new) then demote them to cleaning less important areas. also, when you are done washing and start to dry, pay close attention to the paint and see if you notice any new marring/scratching...