PDA

View Full Version : MF towel segregation for laundry

Pages : [1] 2

613carguy
04-21-2018, 07:35 PM
I知 about to do my first load of MF towels and I知 wondering how I should separate them. I know I need to keep the glass ones separate from the rest, but are there any others that I should separate from the larger load?

For example, should the interior towels go in with the wax buffers and polish removal towels?

Thanks.
Graham

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

sudsmobile
04-21-2018, 07:39 PM
Is that really something people do? Professionals? I've been working since 7:30 and I just walked in the house. I have three full exterior details tomorrow. The last thing I want to do is a bunch of different loads of laundry.

VISITOR
04-21-2018, 07:51 PM
two different loads. one with the good paint towels and so forth, and the other that are used for wheels, engine, interior, etc. wash in warm water with an extra rinse cycle and then dry them (clean the lint trap first) on the lowest heat setting with no dryer sheet...

PaulMys
04-21-2018, 07:53 PM
I’m about to do my first load of MF towels and I’m wondering how I should separate them. I know I need to keep the glass ones separate from the rest, but are there any others that I should separate from the larger load?

For example, should the interior towels go in with the wax buffers and polish removal towels?

Thanks.
Graham

I might be in my own camp, but I separate my wax/polish towels from my drying towels. Two separate loads.

Also, I do my wheel/wheel well and dirty job towels separately.

UncleDavy
04-21-2018, 08:09 PM
If the towels are brand new make sure that you separate colors. Some of my white waffle weave glass towels are now an off white, blueish, grayish, greenish, yellow.

PaulMys
04-21-2018, 08:15 PM
If the towels are brand new make sure that you separate colors. Some of my white waffle weave glass towels are now an off white, blueish, grayish, greenish, yellow.

Market it, UD.

Uncle Davy's rainbow MF collection.............:cool:

Avgguy
04-22-2018, 05:41 AM
two different loads. one with the good paint towels and so forth, and the other that are used for wheels, engine, interior, etc. wash in warm water with an extra rinse cycle and then dry them (clean the lint trap first) on the lowest heat setting with no dryer sheet...

This. My towels that touch exterior paint are separate and are washed with Woolite or copy and as Visitor said, dried on LOWEST heat setting.

Glass towels (waffle weave only) separate, again with Woolite/copy with minimal amount, extra rinse, drying at regular temps.

Lastly, all remaining mf towels, regular detergent, regular drying temp.

TTQ B4U
04-22-2018, 05:49 AM
I知 about to do my first load of MF towels and I知 wondering how I should separate them. I know I need to keep the glass ones separate from the rest, but are there any others that I should separate from the larger load?

I do mine in batches and have tons of them so I don't have to do small loads. I just washed up about 75 of the Rinseless ones and a batch of about 50 thinner cheaper ones I use for door jams, interiors, etc.

My process is that as I use them they get tossed into one of two buckets to soak. Dirty lower end ones for doors/wheels get soaked in an APC Solution. The rest go in with 3D Towel Kleen. Then at night I'll rinse them out to remove the gunk and wring them out and hang-dry so they can then get tossed in a laundry tub once dry.

Glass
Rinseless Wash plush 480gsm
Wheels/Door Jams, interior, etc
Product Removal - thinner low/no lint
Suede Coating Removal

fightnews
04-22-2018, 05:50 AM
I’m about to do my first load of MF towels and I’m wondering how I should separate them. I know I need to keep the glass ones separate from the rest, but are there any others that I should separate from the larger load?

Thanks.
Graham

Buffing polishing towels Light colored

buffing polishing towels dark colored

Wash mitts and drying towels

All purpose towels

Tire and trim filthy towels

Coating removal/buffing towels

^^ Before anyone starts complaining, you don't have to do this if you don't want to, If you have all cheap towels or you don't care about them changing color, cross contaminating, or generally don't care about doing things right..^^

If you don't do these things that's good for you but any place that sells microfiber tells you to follow these basic instructions

Always wash new microfiber towels before first use

Also tumble dry low or air dry never use bleach or fabric softeners

fightnews
04-22-2018, 05:56 AM
This. My towels that touch exterior paint are separate and are washed with Woolite or copy and as Visitor said, dried on LOWEST heat setting.

Glass towels (waffle weave only) separate, again with Woolite/copy with minimal amount, extra rinse, drying at regular temps.

Lastly, all remaining mf towels, regular detergent, regular drying temp.

Isn't woolite a fabric softener or has 1 built in?

Avgguy
04-22-2018, 10:05 AM
Isn't woolite a fabric softener or has 1 built in?

Good question. No it it isn't/does not. Very ez on delicate EXPENSIVE MF towels and no fabric softener.

Themikerobe
04-22-2018, 11:32 AM
I do one load with grungy and interior towels including glass because these may have particles I don't want touching my paint.

One load with my wash towels and mitts because in case the washer doesn't get all particles out of these, I don't want those particles getting into towels that will touch my paint dry.

One load with my drying and LSP application/removal towels. The LSP towels get put into a bucket of microfiber detergent as soon as I'm done using them and get rinsed out and air dried until I do a load of them with my drying towels. I do this to remove the LSP so it doesn't get absorbed my by drying towels. If I had large enough loads, I'd wash my LSP towels separate but my loads are already small.

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Finick
04-22-2018, 11:49 AM
I wash all of my towels together, I知 a madman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eldorado2k
04-22-2018, 12:14 PM
I wash all of my towels together, I知 a madman.

Wash this. Lol

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180422/08bc87d58b0b8d532202bc4f1baeac75.jpg

Finick
04-22-2018, 12:19 PM
Wash this. Lol

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180422/08bc87d58b0b8d532202bc4f1baeac75.jpg

I mean.. I致e washed some pretty grime towels in with my other ones lol.

I壇 probably throw that towel out, or soak it in some degreaser and get the bulk of whatever else is on there off of it before I felt okay with mixing it in to the load.

Was that used for metal polishing? Lol. Maybe that would be a new exception for me