PDA

View Full Version : What’s less abrasive? Nanoskin or clay?

Pages : [1] 2

Sushi5679
04-19-2018, 10:41 PM
What would be less abrasive for honda black paint, fine nanoskin pad or Chemical guys light clay bar? Im trying not to mar the paint if possible.

Eldorado2k
04-19-2018, 11:07 PM
The clay is less aggressive.

sudsmobile
04-19-2018, 11:10 PM
Just keep it lubricated. Over lubricated.

fightnews
04-20-2018, 04:48 AM
What would be less abrasive for honda black paint, fine nanoskin pad or Chemical guys light clay bar? Im trying not to mar the paint if possible.

Cg clay is terrible get poly clay

h8dirtycars
04-20-2018, 06:34 AM
Cg clay is terrible get poly clay

Great. I just got some CG medium clay (grey) for a whit car that's never been deconed.

Bruno Soares
04-20-2018, 07:15 AM
Great. I just got some CG medium clay (grey) for a whit car that's never been deconed.

I've used CG clay before and had no problems. Worked just fine.

h8dirtycars
04-20-2018, 07:25 AM
I've used CG clay before and had no problems. Worked just fine.

Thanks. That's reassuring. I guess different products work differently for different people. This is the first time I'm going to be using real clay. I've used GG synthetic with Speed Shine, worked great. Although I'm not positive it will last for 24 cars, as GG claims.

WRAPT C5Z06
04-20-2018, 07:41 AM
You probably will marr black honda paint with ANY type of clay. Regular clay will be less aggressive depending on the quality. I bought cheap blue regular clay on Amazon and it marred the paint BAD!! Way worse than synthetic clay.

Desertnate
04-20-2018, 08:00 AM
You probably will marr black honda paint with ANY type of clay. Regular clay will be less aggressive depending on the quality. I bought cheap blue regular clay on Amazon and it marred the paint BAD!! Way worse than synthetic clay.

I agree you may run the chance of some marring with clay, but my experience was using Meguiars or Pinnacle XMT clay bars resulted in FAR less marring than a Nanoskin mild pad. The Nanoskin marred the paint on several of my cars so horribly I tossed it after only a few uses.

When working on our Toyota or Honda, I've seen very little clay bar marring as long as I keep the surface properly lubed up. My car wash solution has proven the best lube option for me.

amalik
04-20-2018, 09:36 AM
I agree you may run the chance of some marring with clay, but my experience was using Meguiars or Pinnacle XMT clay bars resulted in FAR less marring than a Nanoskin mild pad. The Nanoskin marred the paint on several of my cars so horribly I tossed it after only a few uses.

When working on our Toyota or Honda, I've seen very little clay bar marring as long as I keep the surface properly lubed up. My car wash solution has proven the best lube option for me.

I've also read on this forum that ONR is a great clay lube.

fightnews
04-20-2018, 09:49 AM

That's the one I got I hated it to ruff. It might not be bad on white but if it's a newer car or in good condition I'd get poly clay

fightnews
04-20-2018, 09:54 AM

Yup that blue cheap clay that claims to be fine grade and the cg grey clay are the worst I've ever used. If u are doing a black Honda u should get something else. Even just get the miguiars clay at AutoZone if u are in a pinch

h8dirtycars
04-20-2018, 10:31 AM
That's the one I got I hated it to ruff. It might not be bad on white but if it's a newer car or in good condition I'd get poly clay

It's a white car, and not new. It is my daughters road warrior that has a lot of hard highway miles from college.

h8dirtycars
04-20-2018, 10:34 AM
Yup that blue cheap clay that claims to be fine grade and the cg grey clay are the worst I've ever used.

I got the blue stuff from Amazon as well, it came with a nice little plastic container with a sealed top. Plan on using it for glass only.

DBAILEY
04-20-2018, 10:35 AM
Lots of lubrication is always a must no matter which media you choose. I prefer regular clay bar to the mitts and towels. I only use a mitt or towel on a relatively clean car. If its even mildly contaminated I will use clay.

I've always wonder how long people would keep using their towels and mitts if the rubber surface was white instead of black. I bet the white surface would look so gnarly after a few cars, that people would stop using them a lot sooner.