PDA

View Full Version : Can u recommend polish/and or compound for light brush scratches.

CGC
04-18-2018, 07:42 PM
I plan to decontaminate my truck this weekend using car pro trix and a clay bar. I want to use carpro essence with a carpro gloss pad after.

I do have light brush scratches on the side of my truck, but they are not very deep. What polish/and or componds and also pads would you guys recommend?

I drive a tacoma and will be using a GG 6" polisher with a 5" backing plate.

CGC
04-18-2018, 07:56 PM
Sorry guys I think I posted this in the wrong thread.

PaulMys
04-18-2018, 08:05 PM
Do you have any of the BOSS creams?

CGC
04-18-2018, 08:29 PM
No I don't but I am willing to buy and try anything you guys recommend.

rlmccarty2000
04-18-2018, 08:40 PM
Essence and a microfiber pad should remove those brush marks.

PaulMys
04-18-2018, 09:00 PM
No I don't but I am willing to buy and try anything you guys recommend.

The Griot's line is one I'm becoming a fast fan of. You state "light brush scratches". Not doubting your assessment ability, but these may be more than "light"

I'd try the GG Fast correcting cream, and Correcting cream. Get cutting and polishing pads. (GG white for FCC, and Orange for CC)

Of course, as is the agreement on this forum and good practice, go with the least aggressive combo at first, and check your results.

dlc95
04-19-2018, 08:22 AM
I agree with Paul on the brush marks. The might be deeper than realized. However if they're light, Menzerna PF2500 on a polishing pad would probably knock them out, and finish to a nice high gloss.

My preference is to pair that polish with the Lake Country Tangerine Hydrotech.

Meguiar's M205 on green buff and shine pads might work well for that purpose too.