PDA

View Full Version : New member in MS

infosponge
04-16-2018, 05:34 PM
Hello all, I have been reading here for a few months just recently getting into detailing my vehicles. So far the obsession is growing strong I have purchased several megs ultimate line products and have a few autogeek orders under my belt and I am really enjoying putting the power shine on my vehicles and removing swirls and defects. The thing that made me join is that I believe my 2000 Lexus gs300 black is a single stage paint, I was amazed when I first polished and saw all the black on my pad, it wasn't until reading on here and MOL that I realized some Japanese auto manufacturers used SS paint until 2008 iirc. Also I attempted to attach pics not sure how that works on mobile.

BadgerRivFan
04-16-2018, 06:33 PM
Welcome to AGO! I’m a big Blues fan so I have a special affinity for the MS Delta...

Lots of good help here but just a word of warning ⚠️, the rabbit hole runs very deep Alice! [emoji846]

DaveT435
04-16-2018, 07:52 PM
Welcome to AG. I know Toyota used single stage on white and red non metallic paints. I guess it makes sense that non metallic black would be as well.

infosponge
04-16-2018, 09:07 PM
Welcome to AGO! I’m a big Blues fan so I have a special affinity for the MS Delta...
Lots of good help here but just a word of warning ⚠️, the rabbit hole runs very deep Alice! [emoji846]

Thanks for the welcome, I to enjoy the blues im in the northern part of the state, but live blues is common.

Welcome to AG. I know Toyota used single stage on white and red non metallic paints. I guess it makes sense that non metallic black would be as well.
Thanks for the welcome!

PaulMys
04-16-2018, 09:39 PM
Welcome to the best site in the world for car care info.

infosponge............ very appropriate user name for this site. ;)

infosponge
04-17-2018, 05:15 AM
Welcome to the best site in the world for car care info.

infosponge............ very appropriate user name for this site. ;)

Thank you, I figured that was why I go to forums, for information so it came to me one day and I went with it.

Dan Tran
04-17-2018, 06:04 AM
Welcome to AGO! Obsession begins here.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

machz
04-17-2018, 06:10 AM
Welcome

SWETM
04-17-2018, 08:12 AM
Welcome!

infosponge
04-17-2018, 08:16 AM
Thanks guys, anyone have any input as to why I cannot upload pics to gallery I have tried via edge chrome and mobile without luck I keep getting file size errors, edge just shuts down when I try.