PDA

View Full Version : Tentative Plan - 2015 Ford Focus (Magnetic Silver)

steve132221
04-16-2018, 09:22 AM
Hi All,

It's been quite a few years since I have done a serious detail on a car, so I wanted to run this by you guys to get your thoughts and suggestions.

My brother has a 2015 Ford Focus that is parked outside. He does a lot of highway driving, as he lives around Pittsburgh. It has been pretty much neglected since he bought it brand new, so I wanted to use his car to get some practice and get back in the game so to speak.

Here are the steps I am thinking of doing:

1. Keeping in mind that the car probably has not even been washed in months, I want to start with a general/gross washing - BLACKFIRE Foam Soap

2. Chemical Guys Clean Slate Surface Cleanser Wash

3. McKee's Xtreme Iron Remover

4. Mothers CG Clay System

5. Menzerna 2500 vs. 3500 (will do a spot test first); Lake Country Force Hybrid orange vs. white pad (again, spot test); Porter Cable 7427

6. IPA wash (diluted to around 15-20%)

7. Collinite 845; Lake Country black pad

8. BLACKFIRE Midnight Sun Ivory Carnauba Paste Wax (or should I just stop at the Collinite 845?); Lake Country red pad

9. Pinnacle Window Sealer

Thank you all for your thoughts and suggestions.

Steve

JCDetails
04-16-2018, 09:28 AM
I'd add Carpro Tar-X to the process, and also suggest maybe a little APC added to the clean slate to help it actually do something. Other than that, you may need something with a bit more cut than 2500, I'd recommend Jescar compound if that's the case.

I don't think the paste will buy you anything over the collinite, if anything the application of the paste might actually remove the collinite.

steve132221
04-16-2018, 09:54 AM
I'd add Carpro Tar-X to the process, and also suggest maybe a little APC added to the clean slate to help it actually do something. Other than that, you may need something with a bit more cut than 2500, I'd recommend Jescar compound if that's the case.

I don't think the paste will buy you anything over the collinite, if anything the application of the paste might actually remove the collinite.

I can definitely check out Tar-X and I may (just to stay with CG) get the CG APC and dilute it into the Clean Slate. I may pick up some Jescar to have on hand, but hopefully it won't be THAT bad.

Thank you for the suggestions!

S

DetailKitty
04-16-2018, 11:13 AM
FYI- that is a great color to work with... it's pretty durable. I have an Escape in Magnetic that sits outside and it's held up great over the last 2.5 years.

Good luck!

pickles
04-16-2018, 11:24 AM
If the car stays outside and he doesn't maintain it often then 2 coats of 845 might serve u better than the Blackfire.