PDA

View Full Version : New Car Detail — need recommendations

spewking
04-15-2018, 07:31 AM
Will do a full detail on a new white QX60 (wash, ironx, clay) and need your help with polishing approach.
Assume paint is in good shape...no swirls, etc. and the fine nano clay introduces little to no marring.
i would like to lightly polish to get ready for a cquartz coating.
Would you recommend essence gloss enhancer? Menzerna 3500 or 3800? I am a big menz fan.
what color pad...white or black? ( have a 3401 and LC hybrid pads)

i know now the answer may lie in the paint condition or doing a test spot. Didn’t want to be too aggressive/overkill so just wanted to know what everyone’s experience is so I can use that as a starting point.

Any advice appreciated.

David

custmsprty
04-15-2018, 08:25 AM
Essence prior to CQ

MarkD51
04-15-2018, 09:11 AM
Your plan sounds as good as any.

Saw a short time back here, that somebody had some trouble with Essence before CQuartz.

I think the problem was that they didn't allow enough time in between those two steps, to let Essence fully dry-cure, air out, or whatever one may wish to call such.

Best advice I can give, is read up on Essence all you can if you choose to use it as the prep polish.

I know well that determining which Polish will bring out the very best gloss on a white finish will be difficult to decide?

As for Essence somehow making CQuartz last the longest being a supposed synergistic product, that I'm not so sure about, and whether you need to pull your hair out over such?

I'd say go with what appears to work best, and easiest.

custmsprty
04-15-2018, 09:21 AM
The Sio2 Quartz protection incorporated into the CarPro Essence Xtreme Gloss Enhancer formula leaves a strong layer of protection behind, with minimal effort. However, CarPro Essence Xtreme Gloss Enhancer is the perfect prep polish when used before applying a coating of CarPro CQuartz. After being polished with CarPro Essence Xtreme Gloss Enhancer, your paint will bond quickly and effectively with CarPro CQuartz, or even CarPro Reload, creating a hard layer of protection.

CarPro Essence Xtreme Gloss Enhancer 250 ml (https://www.autogeek.net/carpro-essence-xtreme.html)