PDA

View Full Version : PBL Synergy topped with CarPro Reload? Something else?

Pages : [1] 2

acuRAS82
04-14-2018, 03:56 PM
Hello, this is my first new post, but I've been researching and replying for awhile. I love reading the thoughts, opinions and expertise of the members here, as well as on the sister site!

I'm not sure when, but at some point I'm going to try out my tin of Pinnacle Black Label Synergy on my wife's car (Black 2016 Audi Q5). I'm going for the crisp, glass look and protection that I've seen Synergy provides, based on other member's posts; and I'm not ready to venture into the world of coatings since I love changing my LSPs and only have two cars in the household. Does anyone know if CarPro Reload would be a good topper for when I want an occasional boost to make the paint look even more glassy? Would they play together OK? In general, would silica sealants such as Reload be the same "type" of protection as the "nano-glass" Synergy ingredients (or maybe nano-glass and silica are one in the same)?

I will also be playing around with things like PA High Gloss and possibly Gold Zircon, but I'm inquiring about Reload because I would want a basic maintenance topper to keep it looking and acting coating-ish, rather than the normal other toppers (carnaubas and sealants) that will greatly change the beading and appearance aspects of Synergy. I'm also aware of PBL Coating Booster, but I've never heard this recommended for topping on Synergy, it seems like more dedicated for real coatings. I thought of Reload because I've read on here that Essence topped with Synergy can work well, and it got me thinking if Reload would also play well with Synergy, on top. In the future I may get Essence, but for the time being I'm going to try Synergy as the base coat.

Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated, or other suggestions. Thanks in advance!

Chopper280
04-14-2018, 07:35 PM
I have Synergy on a 23 year old red Silverado and don't use anything except PBL coating shampoo.
After about 6 months I apply 2 more coats of Synergy.
This stuff is tough!

acuRAS82
04-14-2018, 07:38 PM
Does it maintain the original shine and luster? I figured that’s why I would want the maintenance topper/refresher.

Chopper280
04-14-2018, 07:47 PM
Yes it does but I don't let it get very dirty.
I start all over every spring from scratch on all my cars.
I mix and match products on my other cars but I'm hesitant to do that over Synergy.
I have put High Gloss over Blackfire Ivory and it worked great!

Sent from my iPad using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

custmsprty
04-14-2018, 07:52 PM
If you want longevity with PA products you need to start with their base products. The sprays are great but the base products are where it's at. Then top them with the sprays and stay within the family of products.

Carnubaflocken Centurion and topped later on with Black Wulfenite, Bullet Proof too.

Chopper280
04-14-2018, 07:58 PM
Totally agree! I have Viking Coat on 2 cars and use several PA sprays.
On my truck it is all PBL products.
I experiment on my motorcycles.

Sent from my iPad using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

acuRAS82
04-14-2018, 10:07 PM
So, any opinions on using a silica spray on Synergy? I don’t know enough chemistry to know if partial nano-glass “wax” in Synergy would play nice with silica spray toppers.

BadgerRivFan
04-15-2018, 08:23 AM
I would think that using a silica spray sealant on top of Synergy would be fine.

I’d maybe suggest mixing up a bottle of ECH2O and adding in a few ounces of Reload or Cure. This should work well as a maintenance product for Synergy...

acuRAS82
04-15-2018, 09:03 AM
I could use the the 1.5oz Ech2o + 2oz Reload + distilled water approach for drying aid/qd, but was assuming Reload alone would beef up protection and potentially extend longevity as the sacrificial coat... even if Synergy doesn’t need it. I guess the mix might be sufficient enough anyways though.

fightnews
04-15-2018, 10:06 AM
Hello, this is my first new post, but I've been researching and replying for awhile. I love reading the thoughts, opinions and expertise of the members here, as well as on the sister site!

I'm not sure when, but at some point I'm going to try out my tin of Pinnacle Black Label Synergy on my wife's car (Black 2016 Audi Q5). I'm going for the crisp, glass look and protection that I've seen Synergy provides, based on other member's posts; and I'm not ready to venture into the world of coatings since I love changing my LSPs and only have two cars in the household. Does anyone know if CarPro Reload would be a good topper for when I want an occasional boost to make the paint look even more glassy? Would they play together OK? In general, would silica sealants such as Reload be the same "type" of protection as the "nano-glass" Synergy ingredients (or maybe nano-glass and silica are one in the same)?

I will also be playing around with things like PA High Gloss and possibly Gold Zircon, but I'm inquiring about Reload because I would want a basic maintenance topper to keep it looking and acting coating-ish, rather than the normal other toppers (carnaubas and sealants) that will greatly change the beading and appearance aspects of Synergy. I'm also aware of PBL Coating Booster, but I've never heard this recommended for topping on Synergy, it seems like more dedicated for real coatings. I thought of Reload because I've read on here that Essence topped with Synergy can work well, and it got me thinking if Reload would also play well with Synergy, on top. In the future I may get Essence, but for the time being I'm going to try Synergy as the base coat.

Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated, or other suggestions. Thanks in advance!

It would work provided you give it plenty of cure time.

Some tips for applying synergy I've used it many times.

You need to apply it to a clean surface. I can't stress this enough. It has to be as clean as if you were applying a coating. That means decon clay polish remove ALL trace of polishing oils.

If I was you and was going to apply it to my car I'd use menzerna 3500 or 3800 depending on condition of paint. Then eraser 2-3 times. Or even better Gtech panel wipe.

Either that or Essence if the car is already in good shape? But I would still use eraser at least 1x even with the essence.

Then apply 1 coat thin thin thin. Buff off after each panel. Give it a few hours cure time at least. The more the better. I would wait a week.

Inspect the paint under a strong led light from diffrent angles and in diffrent spots. If you like what you see and feel all excess product has been removed only then do a 2nd coat.

acuRAS82
04-15-2018, 12:57 PM
Does Reload require a well prepped surface, or just a waterless like N-914 or a waxless/ploymerless car wash would let it bond good enough?

Rsurfer
04-15-2018, 01:29 PM
If you want longevity with PA products you need to start with their base products. The sprays are great but the base products are where it's at. Then top them with the sprays and stay within the family of products.

Carnubaflocken Centurion and topped later on with Black Wulfenite, Bullet Proof too.

Very nice. Are those Motegi Racing wheels?

acuRAS82
04-17-2018, 09:06 PM
Does anyone have any thoughts on whether HydrO2 would be a better silica topper for Synergy than Reload alone (I will still likely try the Reload/Ech2o combo for regular maintenances)?

acuRAS82
04-17-2018, 09:11 PM
Nevermind, I guess Hydro2 and things like Hydro Blue really need a clean surface, no wax, and I would think the carnauba in Synergy makes it an ineligible base for these spray on/off silicas.

fightnews
04-18-2018, 05:31 AM
Nevermind, I guess Hydro2 and things like Hydro Blue really need a clean surface, no wax, and I would think the carnauba in Synergy makes it an ineligible base for these spray on/off silicas.

Again try gtechniq liquid crystal c2v3.

Did u actually use the synergy yet? I would wait a while before topping it because of the wax sweating. I wait at least a few washes