PDA

View Full Version : VISITOR, I Can't Believe!

Pages : [1] 2

Hammer77
04-14-2018, 02:29 PM
I just wanted to share this, this was the best day I have had in a long time!

A little back fill.
Anyone who knows me here, knows my dog (my kid) has a condition. I have a thread about it, started last August, I thought I was going lose him. I got a lot of support from the AGO community, it truly means something to me. During that time Visitor and I shared some stories. He would bump my thread asking for an update every so often, I always appreciated it.

Sometime ago I noticed in the Samples thread he was looking for some Pinnacle Poly Clay. I knew I had a surplus in my cabinet so I sent him a PM to get his contact info, told him I would ship him 2 bars, wanted nothing in return. He offered some fine products, however I have a agenda this year. We exchanged info. A few weeks ago on a Friday night we traded some texts, talking about our families (dogs and people) and as always he asked about Dude (my pooch), I sent him a picture I took with my phone of Dude bedroom, and a pic I took sometime prior of him sleeping in his bed in my home office.

I guess Visitor is stubborn and won't take no for an answer, he had to send me something. A bit ago my girlfriend got the mail and handed me a big padded envelope and said its from Visitor. I thought what could it be? It was this.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=63152&d=1523733275

Its the picture I sent him. I am floored. Thank you Allen, this is a treasure to me, you are a great friend! Thank You!

Dave.

Aaryn NZ
04-14-2018, 02:45 PM
Wow! :props:

What a neat story. Thank you for sharing this with us too my friend. :dblthumb2: Many of us are fighting or have fought battles that nobody knows about. Sure Autogeek is a forum for detailing but it is full of great people & when things aren't going so well or your world starts falling apart there are folks here willing to get a brush & shovel & help pick up the pieces, give words of encouragement or simply a friendly "Hey".

What a cool place, the friendships built here are deeper than the paint we polish. Way to go VISITOR! :props:

Aaryn NZ. :dblthumb2:

2black1s
04-14-2018, 03:29 PM
Very Cool !!!

Ebg18t
04-14-2018, 03:45 PM
That’s so awesome. This really shows how genuine people can be. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

fly07sti
04-14-2018, 04:01 PM
Very cool. AGO has been a great place and I have made some great friendships since joining.

Rsurfer
04-14-2018, 04:04 PM
Sorry I can't make heads or tail from that picture..no pun intended.

PaulMys
04-14-2018, 05:24 PM
SO cool, Dave! Allen is an amazing dude. I have received heartfelt posts and texts from him about how we were doing after losing our oldest dog Koa.

Also, he has sent me samples of products. Whenever I open a box from him, I can't believe what a generous and thoughtful guy he is.

Here's to you, Allen!! :cheers:

kevin_1981
04-15-2018, 12:53 AM
Awesome story. This forum is filled with so many good people.

Hammer77
04-15-2018, 02:33 AM
Here ya go Rsurfer, I guess it is hard to see the picture in the frame, a lot of glare.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=63170&d=1523777523

Justin at Final Inspection
04-15-2018, 05:35 AM
Very cool gesture and story! Aaryn is right. Everyone one of us goes through things on a daily basis Iam sure. There has been more than one time I have popped on here for a bit to answer questions or browse around just to decompress from stress or life's challenges.

Glad to hear your pup is doing well.

Coopers ST
04-15-2018, 05:46 AM
Very special.

BillE
04-15-2018, 08:04 AM
OUTSTANDING!

THAT made my day...

Bill

Coopers ST
04-15-2018, 05:46 PM
@Visitor, did you make that?

JMak97008
04-15-2018, 07:39 PM
VISITOR is really nice fella. A while back I was asking about 3" backing plates and pads. He PM'd me, we talked by phone, and this guys ends up sending me some stuff. Nothing wanted in return, just passing it forward.

JHL88
04-15-2018, 09:40 PM
VISITOR went out of his way, found a killer deal on a long throw polisher on amazon for me, called me up and we talked for a while, and I ended up saving a lot of money. He's a good dude for sure