PDA

View Full Version : Question: Reload users..

Pages : [1] 2

Bobbykart
04-13-2018, 09:17 PM
I am gonna do my first Cquartz on my daily driver to see how I like it. I have heard mixed results on the Reload application.
Is it mandatory? Is it difficult to apply? Coach me please!

Sicoupe
04-13-2018, 09:26 PM
I would highly suggest it and it smells soooooooo good:)

lane5515
04-13-2018, 10:23 PM
I always use Reload after applying CQuartz. Spray on the panel, use one mf towel to spread and another mf towel to finish the wipe down. I've had nothing but good experiences with Reload.

The Guz
04-14-2018, 01:25 AM
It's not difficult to apply. I would recommend using two towels.

I will also say that if your car won't be exposed to rain then I would hold off on using Reload and just let cquartz cure and do it's thing. The new topper Gliss is another option as well.

Calendyr
04-14-2018, 08:25 AM
People who complain about Reload are simply not using it correctly.

Here is how to use it:

Take 2 clean microfiber towels. One is your applicator and the other is used to buff off and shine the panel. If you can use 2 different colors it will prevent mixing them up during the application.

Fold both towels in 4.

So, on the applicator towel, prime it with 4 sprays of the product. Wipe and entire panel 2 or 3 times to insure total coverage.

Switch to buffing towel and lightly go over the panel 2 or 3 times.

After the first panel, only use 2 sprays of Reload on the applicator for each panel.

Repeat for each panel, you can switch to a dry side on a buffing towel after doing 2 panels if you want max effectiveness.

ronkh57
04-14-2018, 08:58 AM
People who complain about Reload are simply not using it correctly.

:wow:

gsmarquis
04-14-2018, 09:03 AM
Where I think most mess up is the amount they use. You really put so little on that you think its going to do nothing. If you put alot then you get the smears and streaks.

MarkD51
04-14-2018, 09:07 AM
I've found with the more recent versions of Reload currently in circulation, that the product is not at all difficult to use, and works just as easily as any other detailer spray, spray wax, or waterless wash.

No matter of how I apply it, I've experienced no such difficulties such as difficult removal, streaking, clouding, or hazing.

Same basic guidelines apply, example, don't use it in cold temps, just as you wouldn't use any other products upon a vehicle.

Reload can be used anywhere besides just paint. Trim, Glass, Chrome, Wheels, etc.

Ronin47
04-14-2018, 09:11 AM
Dilute it 1:1 that way theres never an issue and you have twice the amount.

WillSports3
04-14-2018, 09:53 AM
There's no point in reload. It doesn't bead water off as well as c quartz, and it doesn't do too much. And the beading that reload does do is more visually appealing than say the water beading off while driving. I never use it except for rims.

MikeC78
04-14-2018, 09:58 AM
There's no point in reload. It doesn't bead water off as well as c quartz, and it doesn't do too much. And the beading that reload does do is more visually appealing than say the water beading off while driving. I never use it except for rims.

If it doesn't do much in your opinion, why waste the time on your rims? Id rather use Hydro on wheels. Personally, I like the newer version of Reload and have no issues with it.

MikeC78
04-14-2018, 10:00 AM
I've found with the more recent versions of Reload currently in circulation, that the product is not at all difficult to use, and works just as easily as any other detailer spray, spray wax, or waterless wash.

No matter of how I apply it, I've experienced no such difficulties such as difficult removal, streaking, clouding, or hazing.

Same basic guidelines apply, example, don't use it in cold temps, just as you wouldn't use any other products upon a vehicle.

Reload can be used anywhere besides just paint. Trim, Glass, Chrome, Wheels, etc.

Same experience here. No issues with the current version, like I have heard about the old.

WillSports3
04-14-2018, 10:06 AM
Because it came with the kit so I'm just using it up. C quartz is meant to be a 2 year coating, so I treat it as such.

Eldorado2k
04-14-2018, 10:11 AM
No streaks for me, but watch out because it smells horrible. [emoji1359]

Calendyr
04-14-2018, 10:18 AM

It protects the coating while it cures for the first week. So even if you decide not to use it on a continuous basis, applying it after coating the car is a good idea to prevent any issue with the coating.