PDA

View Full Version : Is Sonax a good brand?

Pages : [1] 2 3

TheMidnightNarwhal
04-13-2018, 07:32 PM
I'm looking at selling my Chemical Guys products to buy Sonax products instead. They seem to have everything except compound or polish which I use the OTC Meguiar's stuff.

The only thing I'm unsure is their wax, is it like a sealant that lasts a long time?

Eldorado2k
04-13-2018, 07:34 PM
I'm looking at selling my Chemical Guys products to Sonax.

I don’t think they’d be interested in buying it. Lol. J/k

TheMidnightNarwhal
04-13-2018, 07:36 PM
I don’t think they’d be interested in buying it. Lol. J/k

Haha right.

Also just the fact it's like, detail supplies, I don't think people buy those used or new from someone. Hopefully I will because it would pay for like a good 1/3 of the Sonax order if I go with it.

EDIT: Oh hold on, hahahaha I see now my bad wrong spelling.

zmcgovern45
04-13-2018, 07:59 PM
Yes

BudgetPlan1
04-13-2018, 09:08 PM
I find Perfect Finish to be a fine product, possible 1 step medium polish that finishes well, at least for this amateur.

Sicoupe
04-13-2018, 09:30 PM
I find Perfect Finish to be a fine product, possible 1 step medium polish that finishes well, at least for this amateur.Agree 100%

WaxMaster1
04-13-2018, 09:39 PM
I haven't used the Perfect Finish (I'm sure it's awesome) but I get excellent results with their 04-06 polish. Recently used on a Black Mercedes E350 w/o ceramiclear and it came out flawless. I topped with Wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant and then Fuzion Spray wax as a topper.

sudsmobile
04-13-2018, 09:43 PM
If you could get somebody to give you $10 for used, opened detail supplies, take it and run. If they're unopened, you might get somebody to jump on the whole package at a substantial discount.

PaulMys
04-13-2018, 09:59 PM
German product.

From the people that brought us the diesel engine, U Boat, Autobahn, V2 rocket which led to the Apollo program..........

Yeah. German tech is nothing to sneeze at. Thank God they like their paint care as well......:buffing:

TheMidnightNarwhal
04-13-2018, 10:02 PM
If you could get somebody to give you $10 for used, opened detail supplies, take it and run. If they're unopened, you might get somebody to jump on the whole package at a substantial discount.

Yeah... some products are unused but I took off the seal to smell them when I got them��

sudsmobile
04-13-2018, 10:16 PM
You might try craigslist at maybe half price and see if you get a nibble. Remembering that most of those products can be had at one of their frequent 30% off sales.

TheMidnightNarwhal
04-13-2018, 10:22 PM
But yeah Sonax is good stuff? I'm more looking at their cleaning , wax and protectant stuff.

The Guz
04-13-2018, 10:23 PM
Sonax is a great product line.

These are the products I have used and all have performed great

EX 04-06
Cut & Finish
Cut Max
Brilliant Shine Detailer
Polymer Net Shield
CC36 Ceramic Coating

I’ve only used perfect finish a couple times and so far it’s pretty good. I need more time with it to make my decision.

sudsmobile
04-13-2018, 10:23 PM
Asked and answered. Yes, it's good stuff. It's German. It's pricey. There's many products that would probably suffice without having to go to a full line of Sonax, but if money is no object.

TheMidnightNarwhal
04-13-2018, 10:50 PM
Asked and answered. Yes, it's good stuff. It's German. It's pricey. There's many products that would probably suffice without having to go to a full line of Sonax, but if money is no object.

Hmm Sonax seemed to be on par with Meguiar's at Canadian tire for example. The Sonax soap is same price, the Sonax synth liquid wax is about 20$ cheaper.