PDA

View Full Version : Nissan Rogue midnight edition

PA DETAILER
04-13-2018, 01:59 PM

Might be the next vehicle for me. After researching, it appears to be a solid all around choice. Any current owners want to chime in? Always looking for feedback.

rlmccarty2000
04-13-2018, 03:49 PM
If you can stand a CVT then you might like it. The wife has a Juke with CVT and I’m not a fan.

pilotpip
04-13-2018, 04:12 PM
My wife had a '09 Rogue S when we met. After we found out kiddo #2 was on the way we traded it in because 2 rear-facing car seats weren't going to fit. On the pro side, it was comfortable, reliable, and had a ton of space in the back with the rear seats folded down. The CVT felt like a rubber band when accelerating and I think it's the reason it didn't get very good gas mileage (26ish mpg highway) but that was more on a "fun to drive" metric. We drove it from St. Louis to the rockies, and on several other road trips and the only issue it ever had was a CV joint replaced under warranty.

If our family hadn't outgrown it, we would still own it.

custmsprty
04-13-2018, 05:47 PM

Might be the next vehicle for me. After researching, it appears to be a solid all around choice. Any current owners want to chime in? Always looking for feedback.

I owned two Xterras and have had my Rogue for 3 years. It is a great vehicle and it gets excellent gas mileage. I average 27mpg and have gotten as high as 34. I test drove every other vehicle in the class and went with the Rogue. And as far as the comment about the cvt, you cannot tell this vehicle has a cvt. We've owned 5 generations of Nissan Altimas and have a 2016 in the drive way. Not sure what year the Juke is but the 2015 Rogue and 2016 Altima the tranny shifts like a normal transmission. Their is no comaprison to a 2009 Rogue to the new generation, the redesign took it to a different level.

This is the SL with the upgraded package.

Forward looking 360 camera with multi views

DMW
04-13-2018, 05:52 PM
I don't have anything to add other than, why not get the midnight edition Frontier?

rlmccarty2000
04-13-2018, 06:09 PM
It’s good to hear CVTs are getting better. My wife’s Juke is a 2013 model and you can definitely tell it is a CVT. I had thought about a Maxima until I read about it having a CVT also. I guess all Nissans now have CVTs except for the trucks and the 370z and GT-R.

minerigger
04-13-2018, 07:28 PM
We had an 11 Murano with the CVT...i loved everything about that car except the CVT. It definitely had some odd characteristics that I did not care about. I personally prefer a transmission that runs off of hydraulics and clutch pack engagement that something that runs in 4 wheelers and snowmobiles.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

DETAILROOKIE
04-13-2018, 08:32 PM
My mother has owned Rogues since they first came out and now she has a 2015 that she will be trading in in July. I have to agree that the CVT has come a long way, but it lousy if you are not used to it. She loves her Rogues and will only lease Rogues. The interior is top notch and so are its features, but they really need to work on its power. I feel it is underpowered and the CVT tries to hide it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

ski2
04-13-2018, 10:24 PM
While they look great when clean it just seems to me that black wheels would be a bear to keep looking good.

MattPersman
04-14-2018, 05:54 AM
Looking for short term vehicle or long term? Lease or buy?

What else you need ? Outback. Forester? CRV? CX5? Escape?

If buying for “longer” term. Me I would pick the CRV if looking for that segment of vehicle. If ok with a wagon would go Subaru.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

custmsprty
04-14-2018, 12:57 PM
Here's a few more interior shots. I paid $26,500 OUT THE DOOR for the SL with the SL Premium Package. Sticker was $32,005.00 + Tax Destination blah bah blah.

The seats are very comfortable, same seats as in the Altima.

I'm sure you'll test drive it, let us know about the transmission. Having owned so many Nissans in my lifetime the 2015+ CVT's are not any concern to me.

PA DETAILER
04-14-2018, 05:55 PM
Did already. I found nothing weird with the CVT. It is top of my list. I found the ride and features to be very much to my liking.

Also on the list is the JEEP RENEGADE.

PA DETAILER
04-17-2018, 06:35 AM
Took the Xterra in yesterday for some rust warranty work. As luck would have it I got a 17 Rogue SL as a rental. 50 mile round trip to work. My first impressions after spending some time behind the wheel.....

Interesting. Dialed in that sweet spot (Seat adjustment) and drove. I noticed nothing weird at all with the CVT. Used both sport and eco driving modes. Was pulling 30MPG VS my 16.5 in the Xterra. Lots of tech to play with. The LED headlamps are amazing on high beam! Lit that long drive home like never before. They are not available on the MIDNIGHT EDITION Overall I found the ride quality great. I can see why this is Nissans best selling crossover. There is really nothing there not to like.

Desertnate
04-17-2018, 07:55 AM
Did already. I found nothing weird with the CVT. It is top of my list. I found the ride and features to be very much to my liking.

Also on the list is the JEEP RENEGADE.

I'm glad you didn't mind the CVT. It works for some people, others not so much (myself included). How is the reliability on the CVT's these days? The first generation of Rogues had a lot of problems and Nissan ended up giving owners extended warranties on the transmissions out to 100K miles.

I know several people with Rogues and they all seem to be pretty happy.