PDA

View Full Version : Total Swirl Remover Kit

BrenT93
04-13-2018, 01:59 PM
Looking at getting the Hydro Tech Swirl Remover Kit to do a Chevy 2500 with dark gray paint will the 8oz bottles of compound and polish provided be enough to do the whole tuck?

I have a DA and pads for the job already just wondering if I will need more product. Looking at removing some light to medium scratches from improper washing as well as some light oxidation blemishes from bird dropping and water spots.

PaulMys
04-13-2018, 06:09 PM
Sounds like a big truck. Mine is a regular cab (as you can see in my avatar), and I generally go through about half a 16oz. bottle when I correct with a polish or AIO. 7oz. give or take IME.

So I think you'd be cutting it really close with 8oz. bottles.

And welcome to AGO!

dlc95
04-13-2018, 08:43 PM
You should be ok with the 8oz.

I use the 8oz Rupes polish bottles, and fill them from the 1 liter bottles. I might use almost half a bottle doing a full size sedan.

Those Hydrotech pads don't go through as much product either. They're awesome standard random orbital pads!

pilotpip
04-16-2018, 10:41 PM
There's a very good possibility that you'll use far more product than you need to the first couple times you use a DA polisher. Two or three dime-sized drops for each section is all you'll need.

I own an explorer and F-150 crew cab. Believe me when I say AIO will become your best friend. I'd also suggest at least 6 pads for each step (more if you can afford it) or you're going to be really disappointed with the results from having a dirty pad/cleaning them constantly.