PDA

View Full Version : PFM question....

Pages : [1] 2

PaulMys
04-12-2018, 08:31 PM
Ok, boys & girls....... My wife was tired of hearing me pi$$ and moan about how intrigued I was about the PFM towel.

It was under the tree at Christmas. :)

Weather is (kinda) breaking here in the NE, and my question is this: How does this towel play with drying while using a spray wax/QD as a drying aid?

Hammer77
04-12-2018, 08:58 PM
Works great for me Paul!

Rrthomas78
04-12-2018, 08:59 PM
It will be pfm... everything will be fine and you'll be amazed. I don't own the big towel but I have 8 of the 16x16 I prefer 2 smaller towels for drying

Eldorado2k
04-12-2018, 09:35 PM
Probably the only towel I can think of that can seriously excell at every possible scenario you throw at it. Remarkable towels.

fightnews
04-13-2018, 05:12 AM
I have a bunch of them they are not soft enough for me to dry paint, I use all mine for drying trim and tires. I love them for that

MattPersman
04-13-2018, 05:46 AM
Like personally not soft enough or trial and error that you scratched or marred paint with them?

I haven’t seen a problem yet but obviously none of us can try them on every paint brand and color.

They do seem “this ####### isn’t very soft” to the touch I agree with that but in use they seem ok so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nix
04-13-2018, 06:58 AM
after trying PFM towel all my other drying towels are used for door jams only..Nothing comes close to the performance of PFM towels..Used many diff drying towels only thing I use now is PFM towels nothing else..What I do with my fresh PFM towel is first wipe down the windows so its bit damp after that drying paint is breeze..

Vegas1
04-13-2018, 07:02 AM
Without a doubt the best drying towel I've ever used.

FrankS
04-13-2018, 07:23 AM
The PFM towel has become my favorite drying towel but I don't like to use it with a spray wax or sealant just because I don't want it to become hydrophobic from a build up of wax/sealant.

I use other waffle weave towels when using a wax or sealant as a drying aid.

kylebisson2
04-13-2018, 07:32 AM
The PFM towel has become my favorite drying towel but I don't like to use it with a spray wax or sealant just because I don't want it to become hydrophobic from a build up of wax/sealant.

I use other waffle weave towels when using a wax or sealant as a drying aid.

Would a good pre soak and machine wash remove that hydrophobic residue?

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

FrankS
04-13-2018, 07:44 AM
Would a good pre soak and machine wash remove that hydrophobic residue?

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Not sure.

I've had other waffle weave towels that I used Opti-Seal and occasionally other spray waxes as a drying aid and after a while they didn't dry as well as new. I didn't pre-soak them but washed them in warm to hot water and used vinegar in the rinse cycle and it didn't help much.

Perhaps a good pre-soak in a microfiber detergent or APC immediately after use would help. I just don't want to take the chance with the PFM towels since they work so well.

fightnews
04-13-2018, 08:38 AM
Like personally not soft enough or trial and error that you scratched or marred paint with them?

I haven’t seen a problem yet but obviously none of us can try them on every paint brand and color.

They do seem “this ####### isn’t very soft” to the touch I agree with that but in use they seem ok so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

70/30 waffle weave for me. It's silky soft on paint.

fightnews
04-13-2018, 08:40 AM
Not sure.

I've had other waffle weave towels that I used Opti-Seal and occasionally other spray waxes as a drying aid and after a while they didn't dry as well as new. I didn't pre-soak them but washed them in warm to hot water and used vinegar in the rinse cycle and it didn't help much.

Perhaps a good pre-soak in a microfiber detergent or APC immediately after use would help. I just don't want to take the chance with the PFM towels since they work so well.

If you wash drying towels with any type of glass towels that will make them less absorbent

FrankS
04-13-2018, 08:45 AM
If you wash drying towels with any type of glass towels that will make them less absorbent

That wasn't the case with me since I always wash my drying towels and glass towels separately.

fly07sti
04-13-2018, 08:48 AM
I loooove me some PFM’s! Big and small both. Nothing I’ve used soaks up as much water as the PFM. I agree with Frank about not using a spray wax/sealant as a drying aid with these towels. I also use them on a customer’s soft black Tesla paint along with my soft Subie paint and have not got any marring. YMMV