PDA

View Full Version : Need to restock some sealant---Is there any WOWO sealant with 1 year durability?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

TMQ
04-11-2018, 08:21 PM
Need to stock up on sealant.

Kind of recalled there were a couple of spray on sealants with a "one year" durability. Is there such an animal or was I dreaming?

What really high quality sealant have you found worth the time to put on?

Tom

TMQ
04-11-2018, 08:24 PM
And I'm off to the AGO store to find me some...

Tom

lane5515
04-11-2018, 08:31 PM
Reload. Easy as it gets, superior performance.

TMQ
04-11-2018, 08:35 PM
Reload. Easy as it gets, superior performance.

Thank you!!!

Checking it out now...

Tom

TMQ
04-11-2018, 10:24 PM
I've used Rupes P808 and the Sonax Polymer Net shield. Been happy with these guys.

Currently on list at the moment:

Rupes P808
Reload
Ultima paint guard

Any other ideas??

Tom

minerigger
04-11-2018, 10:35 PM
McKees 36 new 10 min Wipe on walk away

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

glen e
04-11-2018, 10:53 PM
Ultima paint guard
Mckees 37 10 min seal
Reload

All work very well....

The Guz
04-11-2018, 11:43 PM
Reload won’t get you 1 year. At best a few weeks before it needs reapplication. Similar to Gyeon Cure and GTechniq C2v3.

Rupes P808 and Sonax PNS are both good and will net roughly 6 months.

Meguiar’s Ultimate Fast Finish claims 1 year but a few months is more realistic like the other two.

Opti-Seal is another. Easy to apply but does not last that long.

Mckee’s just came out with 10 minute paint sealant and Nick has mentioned it to last up to 6 months.

Gyeon CanCoat can be considered WOWO but needs that prep wipe as it could be considered a coating lite. This one is roughly 6-9 months. Very versatile and one of my personal favs.

tmdals0213
04-12-2018, 01:35 AM
Reload is my go to sealant. I agree with what guz says about longevity.

Also have heard many great things about can coat [emoji1360]

joleyred
04-12-2018, 03:54 AM
I recently bought the new Blackfire sealant. It was a breeze going on, I put it on with my 3401, it also wiped off super easy. It hasn't been on long enough to tell yet, but I really liked the way it worked.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

BudgetPlan1
04-12-2018, 04:48 AM
Gyeon CanCoat can be considered WOWO but needs that prep wipe as it could be considered a coating lite. This one is roughly 6-9 months. Very versatile and one of my personal favs.

Also have heard many great things about can coat [emoji1360]

CanCoat is great stuff; easy, quick application, great candy gloss, wonderful water behavior and self cleaning properties.

https://youtu.be/DI7AQ2l7l_g

acuRAS82
04-12-2018, 05:16 AM
Pinnacle black label sealant claims a year, but ymmv, I’ve heard 6+ months, which I think is the most you’ll get with other top sealants. NOTE: I it’s WOWO, which I think is wipe on wipe off, which is what was asked for by OP (I could be incorrect though based on what he’s leaning towards).

MattPersman
04-12-2018, 05:32 AM
They all last a year if you don’t mind reapplying every few months lol [emoji13]

You are here. You obviously want actual protection from your product so use something often is better than pretending to believe the marketing of all the “up to “ claims that will apply to less than 1%

I would just apply every 3 months any of them unless you are using a coating then probably once a year or 18 months obviously a ton more work at that point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fightnews
04-12-2018, 05:38 AM
Reload won’t get you 1 year. At best a few weeks before it needs reapplication. Similar to Gyeon Cure and GTechniq C2v3.

Rupes P808 and Sonax PNS are both good and will net roughly 6 months.

Meguiar’s Ultimate Fast Finish claims 1 year but a few months is more realistic like the other two.

Opti-Seal is another. Easy to apply but does not last that long.

Mckee’s just came out with 10 minute paint sealant and Nick has mentioned it to last up to 6 months.

Not really, c2v3 is an actual spray coating. They say 8 months on that. I use it it can be used alone with nothing else

Mantilgh
04-12-2018, 06:35 AM
I use Opti-Seal and UPGP.

I not sure if either will make it a year on their own.

I think I’ve read where UPGP got close to that for someone(don’t quote me on that). It does seem to hold up well, but I always end up topping it or hitting it with a wash and wax product.