PDA

View Full Version : Favorite carpet and upholstery cleaner/shampoo? Using Tornador...

narlycharley
04-11-2018, 09:42 AM
I just purchased a Chinese version of the Tornador (they're all made overseas anyways) to clean out my severely neglected daily's. It's the version with the vacuum attachment to extract the water and not just blow it into the material. What have you guys used as a low foam cleaner/shampoo for carpets and liked?

I'll also be dealing with a decent amount of salt in the carpet, and I plan on taking the salt out with some vinegar and the new tool.

narlycharley
04-12-2018, 08:28 AM
One hundred views and nothing? Haha! I figured I'd at least get a one word response. I can't seem to find anything good online (information).

sudsmobile
04-12-2018, 09:03 AM
There's a few videos online, that might be a better source of information. Darren at Auto Fetish pre treats the area with Meguiar's APC and/or Super Degreaser and then cleans with the Tornador.

JCDetails
04-12-2018, 09:10 AM
The one thing to be careful of is if you're trying to remove certain stains, using an alkaline APC can actually set the stain depending upon what it's made up of.

Megs makes 2 stain remover/fiber rinse products. Tannin stain remover and protein stain remover. I also have been using a shampoo product not sold here on AG that I actually like. One of the only products I like from the company as a matter of fact.

Eldorado2k
04-12-2018, 09:20 AM
One of the only products I like from the company as a matter of fact.

Let me guess, CG Fabric Clean.

JCDetails
04-12-2018, 09:22 AM
Let me guess, CG Fabric Clean.

No sir, I actually don't have any CG products in the arsenal anymore. I've got a 3/4 full bottle of blacklight that I likely won't ever touch again and 90% of a gallon of Nonsense that I should probably use up but it was in the garage all winter and may have frozen at some point so I don't know whether it's still any good.

I liked Nonsense, but there are better options.

The product i'm talking about I think would be considered a competitor to AG products so I'd rather not mention it.

narlycharley
04-12-2018, 09:32 AM
Thanks guys! I PM'd you JC.