PDA

View Full Version : F150 KR Wheels - Product types to protect

Thomkirby
04-10-2018, 02:03 PM
I really enjoy all the experience the forum brings so tossing out this question to get some experienced comments. Wheels are stock off of 2018 F150 KR-edition.

I am sure they are clear coated and as you can see have a combination of paint and coated aluminum. I am looking to apply either a hand wax product or else go with a wipe on liquid product. With all the options and the combination on the wheel does anyone have suggestions?

From a rank beginner and ready to buy the right products at Autogeek! Sorry about the dirty wheels but with weather and two jobs truck has to wait it's turn.

Boudin
04-10-2018, 04:15 PM
I like spray and rinse ceramic coatings for wheels. Mckee's 37 Hydro Blue is a good one. Also, Carpro Hydro2 touch less Silica coating.

For a wipe on product, Mckee's 37 Wheel coating ( or Paint coating), Carpro DLUX ceramic coating.

Maintenence is very easy afterwards, can usually just wash with regular wash soap or a mild APC.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Thomkirby
04-12-2018, 03:25 PM
Thanks for the reply. I will try the McKee's products, I just want to take extra care of this and my other cars.

Rsurfer
04-12-2018, 04:36 PM
I really enjoy all the experience the forum brings so tossing out this question to get some experienced comments. Wheels are stock off of 2018 F150 KR-edition.

I am sure they are clear coated and as you can see have a combination of paint and coated aluminum. I am looking to apply either a hand wax product or else go with a wipe on liquid product. With all the options and the combination on the wheel does anyone have suggestions?

From a rank beginner and ready to buy the right products at Autogeek! Sorry about the dirty wheels but with weather and two jobs truck has to wait it's turn.
Car Pro Dlux on these Motegi Racing 20" wheels. They are also machined polished aluminum with clear coat. I did a wheels off so the back sides are also coated for easy cleaning.

Thomkirby
04-12-2018, 10:28 PM
Nice set of wheel, and they share similar issues with paint, aluminum, and of course the clear coat. I will check out Car Pro Dlux product.

Rsurfer
04-13-2018, 12:30 AM
I like spray and rinse ceramic coatings for wheels. Mckee's 37 Hydro Blue is a good one. Also, Carpro Hydro2 touch less Silica coating.

For a wipe on product, Mckee's 37 Wheel coating ( or Paint coating), Carpro DLUX ceramic coating.

Maintenence is very easy afterwards, can usually just wash with regular wash soap or a mild APC.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Nice set of wheel, and they share similar issues with paint, aluminum, and of course the clear coat. I will check out Car Pro Dlux product.

If you want to do the lazy man's way, try Car Pro's Hydro2 like Boudin recommended above.