PDA

View Full Version : using meg's 7

borabora1989
02-03-2008, 01:56 AM
im planning to do my black paint correction with pinnacles line up. after i use the advance swirl remover can i use meg's 7 follow by pinnacles advance finishing polish? or should i just stick to one. first timer here lol and kinda confuse. i guess i will seal it all up with liquid sov wax

jesselyons2002
02-03-2008, 03:01 AM
Finish polish first then glaze then to a carnuba wax

justin_murphy
02-03-2008, 06:37 AM
Just like jesse said above.

With #7, you want to do one panel at a time and then remove.......DO NOT LET IT DRY!

I like to wait about an hour or so before topping it though.

ScottB
02-03-2008, 08:57 AM
good advice from the two above ... Advanced is quite aggressive and a finishing polish in the middle will help tremendously.

borabora1989
02-03-2008, 01:12 PM
thanks alot guys made my process much clearer now thanks again

6LS2
02-04-2008, 12:49 AM
Just like jesse said above.

With #7, you want to do one panel at a time and then remove.......DO NOT LET IT DRY!

I like to wait about an hour or so before topping it though.

How come you wait an hour? Just curious.

aabablusaan
02-04-2008, 10:03 AM
How come you wait an hour? Just curious.

#7 is a pure polish that is extremely oil based. It really smells horrible. But as it is a PP, it will "skin" even after you initially remove it. Therefore, it's best to apply, remove, and let it sit so that the polish will "skin," then follow up with a 2nd buff before applying the LSP to remove the excess oil.

ricka
02-04-2008, 10:52 AM
Personally can't stand #7. The final result doesn't equate to the beating of applying and removing. Yes it smells horrible like a toxic waste dump. No durability, hardly any slickness and didn't improve the appearance at all...

Not sure if I can post this but used the Danase Wet Glaze. 100% improvement in all areas compared to #7 and you can apply to entire car before removing.

Just my 2 cents.

aabablusaan
02-04-2008, 12:27 PM
Personally can't stand #7. The final result doesn't equate to the beating of applying and removing. Yes it smells horrible like a toxic waste dump. No durability, hardly any slickness and didn't improve the appearance at all...

Not sure if I can post this but used the Danase Wet Glaze. 100% improvement in all areas compared to #7 and you can apply to entire car before removing.

Just my 2 cents.

It is hard to remove, but the results on dark cars is great...to me, it's worth the effort. But the boys at Meguiar's indicate that it's intended for SS paints instead of CC.

I believe it.

I have Megs DC2 polish that looks similar without that smell and pad-ruining residue.

Wolf-Strong
02-04-2008, 04:30 PM
It is defiantly a SS paint product, though it does work amazingly well on clear coat. If you ever get a chance to use it on a single stage paint that has been neglected for a long time, do it, because it is just so cool to see the huge transformation.

Then, when the person walks back out to their car from the grocery store to see only part of their hood looking fantastic and the rest looking like crap, you now can almost guarantee you got a customer! ;)