PDA

View Full Version : $10 price increase on gal. of M37 Hi-Intensity APC+

Pages : [1] 2

mwoywod
04-07-2018, 12:05 PM
A gallon of M37 Hi-Intensity APC+ has ALWAYS been $29.99 and the combo pack was $49.99

NOW the price for a gallon of M37 Hi-Intensity APC+ is $39.99

Mckee's 37 has increased the price of nearly ALL their gallon size chemicals by $3-$7 which makes sense and I assume is attributed to supply and demand and possibly increased suppliers cost. BUT, increasing the price of Hi-Intensity APC+ to $40 a gallon when you can still get 2 gallons for $50 is really creeping up on price gouging IMO.

At the very least Mckee's should change the description of Hi-Intensity APC+ from.....

"provides all the premium characteristics of a high-end APC at a much lower price"

to

"provides all the premium characteristics of a high-end APC at a horrendously inflated jam it up your craw price"

Route246
04-07-2018, 12:08 PM
A gallon of M37 Hi-Intensity APC+ has ALWAYS been $29.99 and the combo pack was $49.99

Mckee's 37 has increased the price of nearly ALL their gallon size chemicals by $3-$7 which makes sense and I assume is attributed to supply and demand and possibly increased suppliers cost. BUT, increasing the price of Hi-Intensity APC+ to $40 a gallon when you can still get 2 gallons for $50 is really creeping up on price gouging IMO.

At the very least Mckee's should change the description of Hi-Intensity APC+ from.....

"provides all the premium characteristics of a high-end APC at a much lower price"

to

"provides all the premium characteristics of a high-end APC at a horrendously inflated jam it up your craw price"

That’s the beauty of a competitive market. You can always buy a cheaper alternative or if one doesn’t exist buy McKee’s at the set market price.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

custmsprty
04-07-2018, 12:30 PM
As I've noted before, I've been in the chemical cleaning and packaging business for 27 years. In my business no professional in their right mind would pay that price for an apc, concentrate or not. Most of our customers use dilution control systems. I have a friend who own his owns chemical manufacturing plant too, so I know all the real true costs to make these products. The mark up in that apc is HUGE............

I think the best bang for the buck is the Megs line up of cleaners purchased by the gallon. I've used them all.

Meguiar?s All Purpose Cleaner Concentrate, 1 Gallon, works on carpet, fabric, vinyl, and leather for all-over interior cleaning. (https://www.autogeek.net/mg10101.html)

Meguiars Super Degreaser Concentrate, meguiars D10801 (https://www.autogeek.net/mg10801.html)

mwoywod
04-07-2018, 12:44 PM
That’s the beauty of a competitive market. You can always buy a cheaper alternative or if one doesn’t exist buy McKee’s at the set market price.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

You're right.

But in this situation the "cheaper alternative" is the same product.

This $10 price increase to $40 per gallon sold individually doesn't affect me at all because the price for the 2 gallons hasn't increased a single cent.

mwoywod
04-07-2018, 12:48 PM
As I've noted before, I've been in the chemical cleaning and packaging business for 27 years. In my business no professional in their right mind would pay that price for an apc, concentrate or not. Most of our customers use dilution control systems. I have a friend who own his own chemical manufacturing plant too, so I know all the real true costs to make these products. The mark up in that apc is HUGE............

You're absolutely right.

atgonzales
04-07-2018, 01:08 PM
Agree with custmsprty...

Dereksdtail
04-07-2018, 01:17 PM
Dang it! It's the best apc I've used and still use

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Nick McKees37
04-07-2018, 03:43 PM
This formula has been priced at $29.99 for a gallon of CONCENTRATE since it was introduced nearly 5 years ago.

The reason for the increased price ($39.99) is simple: the price of raw materials has gone up.

It's not greed. It's not supply and demand. It's simply business.

Even at $39.99 for a gallon (again, of concentrate), it's still a fantastic value considering the dilution ratio for which you use it.

To help offset the price, I introduced a 16 oz. as well.

I know you've always been a big fan of this product. I can't thank you enough for the continued support.

Believe you me, I want to sell as much Hi-Intensity APC as I can, but in order to stay in business I have to be profitable!

Don't forget, Autogeek always has great sales, so you never really pay full price for anything. There's always a deal to be had. :dblthumb2:

howardm4
04-08-2018, 07:54 AM
Still $29.99 on Amazon (fulfilled by PBMG) or Autopia (PBMG doppelgänger). And of course, $50 for 2gl.

mwoywod
04-08-2018, 09:11 PM
This formula has been priced at $29.99 for a gallon of CONCENTRATE since it was introduced nearly 5 years ago.

The reason for the increased price ($39.99) is simple: the price of raw materials has gone up.

Even at $39.99 for a gallon (again, of concentrate), it's still a fantastic value considering the dilution ratio for which you use it.

I know you've always been a big fan of this product. I can't thank you enough for the continued support.

Believe you me, I want to sell as much Hi-Intensity APC as I can, but in order to stay in business I have to be profitable!

Don't forget, Autogeek always has great sales, so you never really pay full price for anything. There's always a deal to be had. :dblthumb2:

Thanks for the response Nick. It makes sense that there would be some fluctuation to offset the cost of raw materials. I had no clue that the surfactants, compounds, and other raw materials used to make APC's were so ungodly expensive!

I've mentioned several times that I think it's cool Mckee's introduced a smaller 16oz size so a larger demographic of guys could try it before investing in an entire gallon.

But saying you did that to help "offset the increased price" seems intellectually dishonest to me.

You're charging $15 for 16oz of concentrate which I believe is the equivalent of $120 per gallon..... you're selling us the same product, in a smaller size, for 3x as much per ounce. What I'm trying to say is....thanks?

RippyD
04-08-2018, 09:38 PM
Is this APC that much different or better than others? Megs D101 is half the price. Duragloss is $16 for a gallon. I regularly use DG at 10:1, occasionally down to 3:1 for engines or other heavily greased areas. I'm sure there are many other similar APCs for a lot less.

Eldorado2k
04-08-2018, 09:52 PM
Is this APC that much different or better than others? Megs D101 is half the price. Duragloss is $16 for a gallon. I regularly use DG at 10:1, occasionally down to 3:1 for engines or other heavily greased areas. I'm sure there are many other similar APCs for a lot less.

It’s similar to Megs D101 but IMO the Megs is slightly better. I started using the McKee’s APC@4:1 to clean floormatts but there’s just something about the Megs @10:1 that edges it in every way. The McKee’s APC has been collecting dust on my shelf for a while now.

Finick
04-08-2018, 10:31 PM
Thanks for the response Nick. It makes sense that there would be some fluctuation to offset the cost of raw materials. I had no clue that the surfactants, compounds, and other raw materials used to make APC's were so ungodly expensive!

I've mentioned several times that I think it's cool Mckee's introduced a smaller 16oz size so a larger demographic of guys could try it before investing in an entire gallon.

But saying you did that to help "offset the increased price" seems intellectually dishonest to me.

You're charging $15 for 16oz of concentrate which I believe is the equivalent of $120 per gallon..... you're selling us the same product, in a smaller size, for 3x as much per ounce. What I'm trying to say is....thanks?

I've always been a firm believer companies should just sell concentrates in a sample small enough to mix up something like a 16 or 32oz bottle at the recommended dilution.

I know that you have to pay a slight premium because of the cost to bottle and distribute a new size (assumption on my part, but seems logical), but getting 1-4oz of something so I can *actually* try it makes that seem worth it.

Paying a more inflated price for a smaller size, which *still* makes over a gallon of RTU product, would feel really bad if you didn't end up liking it. I mean I've got a measly 16oz bottle of megs natural shine protectant that I just can't bring myself to use because I hate it so much... Imagine if I had a gallon of it to use up, I'd just give up and throw it out.

I mean taking Eldorado2k as an example.. Poor guy just has M37 APC just sittin there on his shelf. If he had been able to buy a size small enough to try a bottle or two, he'd probably just have used that small amount up and never looked back.

The samples for sale section is really the best example of what I'd like to see expanded more (honestly for everything on AG, which is probably unrealistic, but y'know) I mean hell, tons of M37 products are in there, but no APC.

edit: this is mostly for clarification. When I say *actually* try something.. I mean that buying enough concentrate to make over a gallon of RTU product doesn't strike me as trying, which is probably subjective. Trying to me is just having a bottle of something and testing it in various ways (i.e. when I mixed up a bottle of power clean recently and cleaned tires with it alongside my regular tire cleaner, and then used it to clean leather @10:1 to compare it to D101.) I've rarely needed a ton of time with something to figure out if I just didn't like it.

fightnews
04-09-2018, 06:09 AM

to

I just noticed the high prices on the new products as well. Quite the rip off. Who wants to pay 60 bucks for a headlight coating. Most people will use it once, 2x at most.

I understand the economy is good and people want to make Money right now but u can't forget wages have not increased for 95% of us

fightnews
04-09-2018, 06:14 AM

Is Mckee's 37 your own company now?