PDA

View Full Version : Just received my order of UK 3.0, looking for advice.... maybe

Dabbac
04-05-2018, 10:59 PM
Just received my order of UK 3.0

Perfect timing as I had purchased a car in December an haven’t had time to correct the paint from the dealer....

I’m very curious as to how UK 3.0 will apply/wipe off/look......

The car I bought was decontaminated in December when I picked it up, then I applied 2 coats of Classic (just incase) till I had time to do a full correction. The winter has been shitty up here in New York so I haven’t even put 100 miles on the car.

My plan is to reset wash, correct and coat with UK 3.0 then top it with Gliss.

I am debating on putting one coat of classic ( because I know it works ) then add the UK 3.0 and Gliss

Also Dlux the rims & lights , coat the leather and use the fabric treatment on the rugs

Any thoughts or recommendations ?

See the teaser I just threw together....

YouTube (https://youtu.be/xR8rUD3DpW4)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maestro Sam
04-06-2018, 02:55 AM
Probably the same was as other C.QUARTZ coating. I think your steps are in the right direction! Let me know how the 3.0 applies. I love the cquartz.uk, but sometimes wiping it off can be a pain in the butt.

Mike Phillips
04-06-2018, 07:33 AM
Just received my order of UK 3.0

My plan is to reset wash, correct and coat with UK 3.0 then top it with Gliss.

I am debating on putting one coat of classic ( because I know it works ) then add the UK 3.0 and Gliss

Just make sure you wait the recommended time between applications, the whole idea of "layering" is questionable but if it can be done, the first layers have to be chemically set-up so the next applications of "anything" don't simply dissolve them to create a new single application of a mixture of the two.

I'm more of a do a great job of applying one application and then stick a fork in it and call it done. Then down the road if I want it to look "freshly waxed" or "freshly coated" do something again.

:)

MarkD51
04-06-2018, 07:55 AM
As has been mentioned, I'd suspect as well that the exact same methods and precautions will be used and needed like the previous CQ UK.

1. Properly prepped and squeaky clean surfaces wherever you are going to apply any of the coatings.
2. Very good lighting.
3. Attention to time passed for the initial application to final leveling wipe.
4. If not using Carpro's Suede MF Towels for wipe off, smoothing-leveling, then do choose a couple-few high quality MF Towels for wipe off.
5. Err on waiting as long as feasibly possible, and perhaps slightly longer than suggested wait times in between coats.

Dabbac
04-06-2018, 12:00 PM
I am hoping the removal of 3.0 is easier then the last version, on a few cars, i have opted to use classic just because the removal is schetchy sometimes with UK

BudgetPlan1
04-06-2018, 12:20 PM
I am hoping the removal of 3.0 is easier then the last version, on a few cars, i have opted to use classic just because the removal is schetchy sometimes with UK

Supposed to be easier to use...

New for 2018! CQuartz UK 3.0 Edition (50ml)

Coat your car with the glossiest and hardest coating available on the open market!

Now easy to wipe off even in hot humid climates!

The next evolution of ceramic coating technology is here! CQuartz UK is world renowned for being the strongest ceramic coating on the open market! Rivaling many "pro grade" products, CQuartz UK has been embraced by fans all across the world however CarPro is never one to wait for others to catch up so they set out to improve CQuartz UK even further! The new and improved CQuartz UK 3.0 now features easy use in all climates!

In our REAL WORLD tests we have found CQuartz to outlast the competition in side by side, apples to apples torture tests. One of the many reasons we continue to offer CQuartz as our ceramic coating brand of choice is their commitment to innovation and the simple but critically important fact that CarPro continues to tell us and you the truth and base their claims on reality.

CQuartz UK 3.0 offers incredible resistance to chemicals, salt, and environmental damage as well as provide excellent UV protection! The high silica-quartz content creates a hard glassy layer across painted or gel-coat surfaces. CQuartz UK adds incredible levels of depth to the paint along with unbelievable water and dirt repellency and a rugged durability measured in years!

Kit Includes:

(1) 50ml bottle of CQuartz UK 3.0 (Use 15ml+/- per coat - average size car)
(1) CarPro Foam Applicator Block
(4) 4" MF Suede applicators
(1) Rear View Mirror Hanger (Optional)

Features:
Now easy to use in a wide range of temps!
Protection and gloss superior to that of competitor "professional coatings" but easy to use for all detailers
Extremely high Sio2 Quartz content
Deep gloss that lasts!
Easy maintenance with "self cleaning" properties (Stays cleaner than other products on the market)
Resistance to wash induced marring, bird dropping damage, stains, high or low temperatures, and traffic film
Repels UV rays, water, oils, dirt, and contaminants

Dabbac
04-06-2018, 12:26 PM
Thanks for the input Mike, I will definitely wait the appropriate amount of time between coats. I just got off the phone with Corey and got some more info on layering. The vehicle I will be coating was corrected over the past few days and is currently sitting in my garage with essence curing on it. I will start applying the coatings tonight. I will have details up as soon as it is complete.

What i can say for sure is, about 6 weeks ago i corrected & coated my uncle 10 year old Porsche Turbo, I went a little crazy and totaled the coatings to about 7 layers between classic, UK and Gliss. I took paint readings before but have yet to take them again. The car looks incredible. The car has sat in a garage ever since i did the work, hopefully i have time to check the thickness of the car this weekend. I would like to know if the multiple coats added to the thickness (more protection)

I do not do this for money, Its a past time / hobby for me. I look for two things, Gloss and protection. If i can add multiple layers to gain both, I would.

The Guz
04-06-2018, 01:12 PM
I posted my thoughts on the carpro forum so you have my thoughts and recommendations. Keep it simple and enjoy.

Ronin47
04-06-2018, 04:18 PM
I posted my thoughts on the carpro forum so you have my thoughts and recommendations. Keep it simple and enjoy.

Care to share your thoughts here? How is the look vs previous UK?

The Guz
04-06-2018, 04:43 PM
Care to share your thoughts here? How is the look vs previous UK?

I just posted my thoughts for the op on how I would use it. There is no need for all these layers. In short, CQUK 3.0 + Gliss, done. A second coat of CQUK 3.0 is optional. I did recommend to polish using Essence. Same combo for the headlights and taillights would be fine as well.

Along with Cquartz leather coating being good and the option to use either DLUX or CQUK for the wheels.

I have not used the new version so I can not say how it looks. Maybe if I get lucky and win the contest on the CarPro forum then I can compare it.

Jeremy1976
04-08-2018, 03:03 PM
Do not overthink the application. And layering is not required or needed. I would if anything, apply UK, then top with Gliss.

I am putting the older version of UK on my car soon. I want to see how it behaves and looks for a couple months before topping it with Gliss.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk