PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone use Meguiar's D143 to clean carpeted floor mats?

DavidAl
04-04-2018, 12:35 PM
I know it's formulated to clean wheels and tires, but I used it today to clean a neighbor's carpeted floor mats and it worked wonderfully. Your thoughts?

VISITOR
04-04-2018, 01:42 PM
edit: personally, i would use a product that is designed for it's intended use...

sudsmobile
04-04-2018, 03:46 PM
personally, i would use a product that's not designed for it's intended use...

Would you like to restate this?

VISITOR
04-04-2018, 05:01 PM
Would you like to restate this?

oops (typed too fast lol) , what i meant to say/reply is.. personally, i would use a product that is designed for it's intended use (label)...

megs d101 (inexpensive and dilutable) would be the product to use in the detailer line that is appropriate for use on carpets among other things. i would never use a tire and wheel cleaner on carpet but that's just me. if it works for you (or anyone else), more power to you (some like to use products off label). all one has to do is read the directions sometimes and it will not only tell you how to use it, but what you can use it on...

Eldorado2k
04-04-2018, 05:04 PM
I still don’t get it. Lol.

Calendyr
04-04-2018, 05:43 PM
Never used a wheel cleaner on anything other than wheels. Nor would I want to.

The thing is, wheel cleaners are designed to break down brake dust, they are probably not gonna be very effective against the type of dirt you would typically find on a floor mat.

Would it hurt it? Possibly, not sure. You could try a test spot and see if it causes any problems... but why would you want to? Is there anything on there that an APC or Degreaser cannot handle?

Eldorado2k
04-04-2018, 06:01 PM
Never used a wheel cleaner on anything other than wheels. Nor would I want to.

The thing is, wheel cleaners are designed to break down brake dust, they are probably not gonna be very effective against the type of dirt you would typically find on a floor mat.

Enter Britemax Grimeout. And you’re right, it’s not very effective at cleaning carpeted floormatts.

PaulMys
04-04-2018, 06:12 PM
Never been a fan of using products for uses other than they were designed for.

This goes for most anything.

You can use a screwdriver for a pry bar, but...............

Eldorado2k
04-04-2018, 06:24 PM
Never been a fan of using products for uses other than they were designed for.

This goes for most anything.

You can use a screwdriver for a pry bar, but...............

A flathead screwdriver works great at helping clean caked on gunk from cup holders [as long as you wrap a microfiber over it] [emoji6]

FUNX650
04-04-2018, 06:27 PM
Your thoughts?

Glad it all worked out.
Otherwise, think of the possibilities:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/2586D2C0-8EF2-4930-8BE9-4399A7A1F4CD.jpeg

Bob

JCDetails
04-05-2018, 10:17 AM
Not something I'd advise for carpeted floor mats.

Having seen what it does to remove old dressings and browning from tires I might be tempted to give it a go on plastic/rubber all-weather mats...but even then a dedicated degreaser or APC is probably the safer/better choice.